HHGTTG Petition

beaker

Reaction score
I'll sign it! Only if its a petition to permanently ban that 6 hour early 80's Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy. I had to amend my top ten most unwatchable films of all time(next to Congo, Batman and Robin, and Cannibal The Musical) after trying to view it all.

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I'll sign it! Only if its a petition to permanently ban that 6 hour early 80's Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy. I had to amend my top ten most unwatchable films of all time(next to Congo, Batman and Robin, and Cannibal The Musical) after trying to view it all.
You mean, ban the 3-hour BBC production? That's blasphemy! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Great!!!

I havn't actually seen the BBC one but it sounds and looks bad!!!

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
Great!!!

I havn't actually seen the BBC one but it sounds and looks bad!!!
It suffers from a small budget, that's all. Visualising Hitch-Hiker was always going to be difficult, but the BBC pulled it off pretty convincingly, and the effects were state-of-the-art for their day (and still look pretty good today). But the thing that really makes it is the amazing animation that accompanies The Book's narration.

Of course, if you want the definitive version, get hold of the original radio series (the first series, not the second, which isn't as good). :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Did you know that Kermit was mentioned in the first chapter of The Salmon of Doubt?