Hi everyone! New Brit on the Block!

Gonk

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm Jeremy, 31 and living in London in the good old UK!

I found this place the other week during my lunch break and have been perusing all your past threads since then.. I thought it was about time I said "hello". :smile:

I've done quite a bit of model making in my spare time and although I'm familiar with moulding with silicone and casting with resins and fibreglass, I haven't tried my hand at puppet making since I was at school. I'm getting the itch again now though, and want to try something new.. some of your creations are really very very inspiring!

Well I have an 'eye' and 'fur' question already, but I'll leave them for now -look forward to picking up some tips from you guys!

Jeremy

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Greetings from across the pond!

It's good to have you aboard, Jeremy. Props for digging through old threads (many times there are old threads that have answered some of my questions before I've even asked them, so the archives are a great resource). I wish you many enjoyable discussions in your future here at Muppet Central. :smile:

Gonk

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I'm hoping to get 'puppeting' sometime in the next couple of months once I've finished some other stuff I'm working on. I'll try something that'll be (hopefully) straightforward first of all, while I get re-acquainted with needles and thread!

- Hey robinthecrow, I might need to tap you on the shoulder for good supply sources here in Britain :wink:

Jeremy

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Welcome Jeremy! Always good to have more Brits around the puppetry forum!

Gonk

Reaction score
Thanks Pauly, Warrick, Tztz and ravagefrackle, it's nice to be here!

Tztz - no, sorry mate, I haven't had any experience with baking foam latex. That's actually something I'd like to try at some point. From what I understand you need to make a 'plug' that you supend into your mould cavity leaving a gap between the inner surface of your mould and the outer surface of the 'plug'.

Next you pour the liquid foam into this void around the plug, cook it (I assume) then pull out the plug from the center and peel out the resulting hollow cast.

.. This is educated guess-work though as I've never done it myself!

Jeremy