Hilda - Any other huge fans?

pattywack

Reaction score
I'm such a big fan of the seamstress of the show - Hilda! She was so funny, cute, and added so much to the show! It's such a shame her performer, Eren Ozker, has passed on. I'd love to see Hilda again!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I'm a big fan of Hilda! I wish she lasted beyond the first season, even if she went to another Muppeteer.:smile:

pattywack

Reaction score
Yeah I wonder why they didn't replace her, I mean a lot of muppets had different performers over the show, especially between the first and second season, so it could have worked!

Redsonga

Reaction score
I could swear she is in more than just the first season :\

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I like when Hilda tried to change her appearance, and "pretty" herself up, to no avail. Everyone recognized her!:crazy:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well the puppet did rarely pop up in non-speaking cameos after first season (such as closing number in fourth season Shields and Yarnell episode) but basically as far as lines or anything other than being a part of a crowd of extras, Hilda was a first season Muppet.

The character did have a lot of potential though and had EO stayed with the show, she probably would be one of the great supporting characters...would have loved to have seen how she would have developed under Jerry Juhl's pen.

Nick22

Reaction score
i love hilda! shes awesome! i loved her accent. lol. i wish they would have just given her a new performer instead of practically getting rid of her all toghther!

peyjenk

Reaction score
I'm on board, too. I just commented in another thread how much I like Mildred, too. It's weird how the first season had such strong female characters in Mildred, Hilda, Piggy, Janice, and even Zelda Rose, but that number was reduced by half in the next season. Sure, we eventually got Annie Sue, Gladys, Camilla, and Yolanda, but while they tend to be fan favorites, they really weren't that dynamic. Hilda and Mildred really added something to the show that, as great as it was, it lacked in later years.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hilda is AWESOME. In fact, I used to have a somewhat joking crush on her... she's just SO funny. "That's a Hilda ha-ha" is one of my all-time favorite lines from TMS. :stick_out_tongue:

Xerus

Reaction score
I like in the Vincent Price episode how Hilda said she comes from Transylvania. :smile: