Hilda - Any other huge fans?

Rax

Reaction score
Yeah I wonder why they didn't replace her, I mean a lot of muppets had different performers over the show, especially between the first and second season, so it could have worked!
I'm just guessing, but I think they thought resident female puppets could better be performed by female puppeteers. And since after season one there were only male performers left, they felt they could better retire those female residents. If that's the case, the question changes into 'why didn't Janice disappear along with Hilda and Wanda?' Well, probably because it wouldn't make sense to ditch the Electric Mayhem's guitarist and replace her by a... new guitarist. Just my two cents.

Gr, Rax

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm just guessing, but I think they thought resident female puppets could better be performed by female puppeteers.
I don't know about that. Miss Piggy as always been performed by a man. I actually could imagine Hilda being performed by *Louise Gold if they wanted to bring the character back in the later seasons, but I think that the show went in a different direction.

As for Hilda, I wouldn't call myself a huge fan, but I certainly do like her! I think that the puppet looked nice and she just had a certain spunk I liked about her. It's a shame she never really made it past the first season.

* = Yes, Louise Gold has a different voice entirely, but I think it would be interesting to hear her take on the character.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
* = Yes, Louise Gold has a different voice entirely, but I think it would be interesting to hear her take on the character.
True, but Louise Gold is also one of those really versatile voice-artistes, with quite a range, so she might have come up with a voice close to it, had she been given the opportunity. Or she might equally well have done something totally differnt. Sometimes her voices can be surprising.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Count me in.I love Hilda.They should have kept her beyond the first season.It's interesting to imagine how she might have related to later characters like Annie Sue or Bouragaurd.

Kiki

Reaction score
Dude, HILDA OWNS OUR SOULS.
Such a great character. Now if I remember rightly, Hilda was my first avatar here at MC, because I like her so much! Very genuine, very loving. *Sigh*... I miss the gal. I also miss Erin Ozker.

Kiki

Reaction score
LOL! So true!:big_grin:

I too miss Eren Ozker...
Same here, I found her really uunderated. And I'm kinda surprised she doesn't have a tribute page here on MC, she did quite a bit.:concern:

Lol, indeed her does! :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I wouldn't describe myself as a Huge fan...Just a fan of normal proportions :stick_out_tongue:

She was always a strong character, and I think she should have been left in the mix a little longer. I always felt like she could hold her own against the other Muppets in a way that most characters outside of the Kermit/Fozzie/Gonzo/Piggy type circles cannot. Usually other characters are baffled/phased by Gonzo's weirdness, Fozzie's jokes, etc, while Hilda always seemed to rise above all that.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I certainly like Hilda. I can't really think what else to say. She was so unique and had such a serious personality.

Um. Perhaps this is what made her stick out among the characters. She was played as if she was sitting back and watching all the craziness of the other characters. True once in a while she made a little funny. "Hilda-ha-ha" But on the whole she was more serious as a character. She didn't actively contribute to the general zaniness like Fozzie, Gonzo and others.

Sam was similar but where he would act appalled at all the chaos, Hilda kept her cool and shrugged it off as much as possible.

dmoss

Reaction score
I think Hilda was kind of like the female Kermit in some ways...maybe played the straight man when even Kermit threw his arms in the air, and gave up. She was also the sweet matriarch that was needed in a lot of ways. It's really too bad she didn't stick around for the length of the series, and maybe even some of the movies!