Hill Street Twos

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hill Street Twos was recently added to sesamestreet.org (it doens't show up in the current "recently added" bar... I guess there were too many new clips added for it to be shown). And man, this is a funny skit.

I had seen an image from it at Muppet Wiki, showing Ernie and Grover, and I expected this to be a team-up (especially since the sketch description says "Ernie and Grover fight crime in pairs"). But while the two do appear, they don't really interract with each other; it's more of an ensemble piece, much like the various pageant sketches. Ernie and Grover do have more dialogue than the others, excluding the sergeant, who is the real star of this sketch.

All of the other characters are either anything muppets or minor monster characters, and they have very little dialogue. I had to watch it a few times to figure out who some of the performers were (Kevin Clash was the gray monster, and Martin Robinson was the green one... the remaining anything muppets didn't speak).

I wonder who performed that silent orange guy. It must have been a newer performer, or somebody without much experience. The performance on that character was kind of stiff.

But all in all, it is a greart sketch, though I wouldn't add it to my wishlist for the upcoming 40th anniversary DVD.