Hillary Duff

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
OK ... today I am watching ABC, Hillary duff is performing, and oh my God ... so much more hysteria for her, so much more than artists who are way more "vocallly mature." So many young kids are screaming "I love you" ... a lot of the adults literally look very unimpressed at everything :smile: I just don't get it ... why is she so popular? If one looks at her offstage or off camera, she is completely opposite of what she appears to be onscreen.

Rowlf's Roadie

Reaction score
She's just popular because she looks good and MTV goes out there saying "If you don't like her, you're not cool." :stick_out_tongue:

McFraggle

Reaction score
Yeah, it's the whole TRL-culture of teens saying such and such is popular. It is the same hysteria that has met all of the teen pop acts of recent years from Britney to the boy bands. "Talent" often takes a backseat to "Image" and that's a shame.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I've listened to some of Hilary's songs, especially her new one which was a remake called "Our Lips Our sealed" and I have to say she can't sing worth a...Well you know where that was headed. She's okay, but McFraggle is right. Today people only care about looks and the image and what all that can bring money wise to a company who uses people like Hilary Duff. That leads people to have Hilary be in movies, come out with cd's, create her own clothing, etc.... If I were Hilary, i'd lay low for a while and let people ask for me and want me instead of dishing everything out at once to where the public gets sick and tired of the same thing.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
She does have nice looks but I don't know if she has much else. she is better than certain other young actors/singers around. Some young actors and singers I cant stand.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Okay listen I don't like Hillary,why?None of us here or at my school do not like her,she is sooo,anoying atractive but anoying.:attitude:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
She does have a few good qualities to her like not using drugs (I think) and being a role model for kids unlike some other people like Lindsy Lohan who I heard likes to smoke with her friends.

ryan

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I admit that "Come Clean" is a catchy record, but today, I just enjoy a song for the song, not the artist. Because, please, anyone could have recorded that song and it would have been fine. That's how it is nowadays...people are writing hit songs and have nobody to sing them so they CREATE someone to sing them (remember Milli Vanilli? Sad what the record industry can do to two starving kids, isn't it?) There are no artists with any merit anymore. It's a singles-related industry, and then they took singles off the market completely so we have to buy terrible albums!

eric

McFraggle

Reaction score
"Come Clean" is indeed very catchy. But I agree about the singles comment. I wish America had more of a singles-dominated market like the U.K. It used to be you could buy any single you wanted. Now you can't so you either buy the album or don't buy it at all. I think this has really hurt the record industry here.