Hitchhiker's Guide: The Greatest Trilogy of All Time

Beauregard

Reaction score
Welcome to the thread where we can talk (provided we have a bable fish handy for the outsiders) about the Hitchhiker's Guide toe the Galaxy: A trilagy in Five Parts.

Open any one of these books on any pages, read a few paragraphs and tell me if you do not laugh, and I'll send you to get your head checked.

If you have not read these books, try and get them out of the lybrary, they are FUNNY.

Anyway, I thought we should open this thread where all those who love HHGTTG can chat about how funny it is!!!

crazy ernie

Reaction score
Yes,it ranks amoung my favorite funny books along with the captain underpants series

Miss_Beaker

Reaction score
Wicked! I love HHGTTG! I hear tell they'll be remaking it as a movie - or something. Anyone know anything about that?

movielad

Reaction score
Miss_Beaker said:
Wicked! I love HHGTTG! I hear tell they'll be remaking it as a movie - or something. Anyone know anything about that?
Oh yes :smile: Take a look here:-

http://www.tongsville.com

Check out the news and the Bank sections.

These guys are alledged to be directing the movie, and it should be pointed out that they were responsible for directing the Supergrass Pumping on your Radio video which involved the Henson puppets and puppeteers against a black background. Very cool video - you should be able to view it on the site.

Regards,

Martyn

Beauregard

Reaction score
At the moment, I have heard that Hugh Lorrie may play Arthor :grouchy: and worse that Jim Carey may play Zaphod Beeblebrox. That I could not stand.

:sympathy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Praise God and pass the penguins, it looks like he is too busy already that year.

If it is him, I don't want to touch this movie with a barge pole

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Brits..all Brits...

I've only read the first book, and that was quite a few years ago, so I don't remember many details, but I do remember it striking me as very British in a Monty Pythonesque way.

If there is a new film being made, I think it should have an English cast.

Unless, of course, there was an all Muppets Hitchikers Guide....

Jennifer