1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Hoggle & Goblin Figures In New Magazine

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Squigiman, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Squigiman Active Member

Hey there,
    I went to my local Barnes & Noble, today, and as I checked the new action figure/collectible magazines, I noticed it said there was info on upcoming NECA product including Pee Wee's Playhouse and LABYRINTH! I figured it'd be nothing new, having seen the Jareth pics before, figuring it way maybe more new specific information about the figure and his release date, but lo and behold, there he was, STANDING NEXT TO HOGGLE! He looks amazingly accurate, and I hope he has enough points of articulation. In addition, there were, by my count, six individually sculpted goblins.

I figured maybe we'd get Jareth and Hoggle, and maybe a separate two-pack of goblins. There were SIX! All of them specific, from the movie, some were named. I sure hope the NECA sculptors own The Goblin Companion, if not access to more reference material from the film. I really want a Roem Baba, the bigger guy who they all shut up in the beginning, and also goes, during the battle "I just fired you!". This could be a line all its own, and I really hope Ludo and Didymus, with Ambrosius steed, are not far behind. This is a total dream come true, combining two of my favorite things in this world. If only they could score Connelly's image and merchandising rights.

-Squigiman
  2. BradFraggle Member

Can anyone get some scans from the magazine up for us all to drool over?
  3. alorindanya Member

I can't wait!
  4. Squigiman Active Member

Well, after searching the 'net, surprisingly to no avail, I went out and picked up the issue, which happens to be Lee's Toy Review, since I was initially unsure in my post whether it was Lee's or Tomart's, and I figured I'd share with the fan community. You can check out the pics, posted here:
    http://www.zachwoliner.com/index.html#NECA Labyrinth figs

Please make note of the message under the pics about due credit. Hope you enjoy, and thanks for listening.

-Squigiman
  5. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Hoggle looks fantastic!! Thanks for scanning that. Cool that we have more Muppety figures to look forward to.

:excited:
  6. muppetperson Well-Known Member

Neca have stated that there is a mix up in information circulating about these figures.Gareth was expensive to produce so wont have Hoggle as I understand it, meaning there is only one Gareth figure and Hoggle will come out seperately.I think the mix up started when it said that Hoggle was coming out to accompany Jareth.Retailers obviously thought that meant packaged together, which must have meant another Jareth figure, but it comes down to the old slogan "sold separately".
  7. Laszlo Member

Those look awesome! Hoggle's pose could be better but still an awesome piece!
  8. MWoO Active Member

Yeah I agree about the pose. The sculpt if very good. But I don't think it's as good as yours.
  9. Squigiman Active Member

I do hope they allow for enough posability/articulation. I think they are at least a little better than McFarlane in incorporating both amazing likeness sculpts and points of articulation. The article about wanting a comprehensive Harry Potter line really got me excited, thinking of the scope of a Star Wars, with all the incidental characters and variations, from movie to movie. Hopefully, they'd realize the appeal of Labyrinth, by us buying them in mass quantities, and really incorporate all sorts of goblins and other stuff. A build-a-figure (very popular concept, these days) of Humongous would totally rock, as would Ludo and Didymus with Ambrosius, who he could be fine, on or off, as well as a Sarah with worm pack-in. She'd be simple, with only one real outfit, and maybe a variant in the ballroom dress.

-Squigiman
  10. Wow, those look great. I can't wait to get my hands on em.
  11. Laszlo Member

Yes, I can't wait too!
    Does anyone know the release dates?
  12. Meepsterboy New Member

I'm hoping Jareth has the crystal ball and switchable hands (popularf action figure concept) to allow him to hold the crystal ball.
  13. Imawitchusay New Member

Release

The toy companies are saying May as of right now...but we al know how that is, it could be pushed back. But a set of figures would be wonderful!!!
  14. DTWolf Member

Dream big: Fireys

Proviso 1: We have no proof that NECA is considering any figures past Jareth, Hoggle, and those goblins.
    Proviso 2: If they do make any more figures, the Fireys might not be among them.
    Proviso 3: From my impression of NECA, they're not really the type of company to do what I'm about to describe.

All that said: I feel compelled to bring up again an idea I've floated before: Fireys with interchangeable limbs.

Make Firey figures with removable heads, arms, and legs. Make it so you can switch the parts around any way you want--any body part can fit in any socket on any Firey. (Put this one's head in that one's shoulder socket. Give this one legs for arms and another leg coming out of its neck. Mix and repeat.)

The same arm and leg molds would probably be used for each of the six(?) Fireys. Every head would be different, and you'd need at least two torso molds--one of those guys was rather chubby. I'd be more than willing to give up elbow and knee articulation in exchange for interchangeable body parts.

Ah, paint them in bright colors and I'd be in action-figure bliss.
  15. Yoda Man Member

I'm so excited! I'm not sure why, but a part of me remembers hearing that the goblins were cancelled at some point. Either way, it's great to see these. I'm most excited about Hoggle. And I really hope we see a Sarah get made
  16. Meepsterboy New Member

Has this figure been solicited to the comic shops yet? :confused:
  17. CrystalBat New Member

Last I heard the first Jareth figure was supposed to be released in March. I havent heard any dates for hoggle or the goblins. The picture of hoggle in the magazine doesnt really do it justice, when you see it in person you can see the amazing accuracy and detail that was put into it. Also, the sculptor who made these labyrinth figures has hinted that there is a hidden "easter egg" in the Jareth figure, so be sure to look for that when the figure is released.
  18. Meepsterboy New Member

No, not shipped. SOLICITED. As in, had an ad in Diamond Select Previews. Has that happened yet?
  19. Laszlo Member

Wow! Again WOW! Where can I see more pictures??? DROOOL !!!
  20. DTWolf Member

Jareth released

The Jareth figure is now being released. He's starting to show up at online stores. My preordered figure arrived Friday, and I posted my own long-winded review in the thread about him in the Action Figures section.

This is just Jareth, by the way, no Hoggle, no goblin pack-ins.