Hoggle prop restored!!! But...

puppetise

Reaction score
omg hoggle noo the restoration looks a bit off

Laszlo

Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately it doesn't look really better than before.
I guess they paid quite a lot $$$$ for this crappy job. :mad:

Next time they should send it to ME !

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*eeps at the original pictures* I'm going to have nightmares from those things!!!

...and the end result is not like it was. x_x They really should have sent it to you, Laszlo.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
So...that's supposed to be Hoggle when he was a teenager right? Where did his wrinkles and folds go?

Oh well. At least we can still look at Hoggle on film.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I commend the guy for trying his best. I mean, this had to have been a hard project, and anyone besides Stan Winston, Rick Baker or The Creature Shop employees would be hard pressed to do a much better job than this, I'd imagine. But I feel like they were better off to have left Hoggle in his original, decaying form. He may have been beaten up, but he was original, vintage, if you will. This rebuild may as well be a completely new creation with no ties to the Henson Company at all. It's lost all its authenticity in my view. But like I said, I give the guy props for taking on the task.

DTWolf

Reaction score
I'm extremely glad the Unclaimed Baggage people sent this off to be restored instead of letting it rot hideously in a display case. And it does look better than it did, and will presumably last a lot longer now.

That said, the new skin lacks the detailed texture and complex tones of the original. I can see he made an effort to make the skin more than just a simple, flat mannikin color, but compared to the original it's still, well, artificial-looking.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Excuse me while I weep bitterly. Oh well, does look better than him rotting. Did anyone else noticed that the unrestored version looked like he had a sad face?

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
eh- latex dies eventualy- so will this

Maybe it was LACK of funding