1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Hollywood Blvd Closed Sunday for Muppets Re-Shoots

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Minstrel Murray, Jul 24, 2011.

1. The Muppets will be back at the intersection of Hollywood and Highland tomorrow to re-shoot some scenes for the new movie. They've scheduled a closure of Hollywood Blvd between Highland and Orange from 7:30 pm to 6:00 am, with the closure extending to La Brea Ave at 1:00 am. Hollywood and Highland was the same location where they shot the large group song-and-dance number that made it onto the internet in January, so maybe they're going to attempt that again?

2. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I wonder why they need to do re-shootings.

They're not going to be able to bring all the same people/extras that they had on had for the original shooting back in January.

3. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Maybe its just for external scenes of them entering the theater....

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's probably pick up shots or something. I don't think there would be the need to do anything major... I mean, the film is due in a few months... it's probably 99% done anyway.

5. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

^ most likely what DrTooth said or exterior shots if there's been any major update to the area

6. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

[​IMG] whoss thatt.? performing Kermitt.. it doesnt look like steve.

7. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Looks like Steve to me... I think he's wearing glasses so maybe that's why. It looks like Steve to me though.

8. Drtooth

Even if it wasn't and let's say the case was that it was someone else due to an availability problem, there's no doubt they would have redubbed the sequence with Steve's voice OR have used audio from other footage.

Hmmm... maybe this was one of the reasons why they weren't at Comic-con.

9. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

uhmm looking at the other pictures i guess it is steve, loos like he got a haircut lol .

10. Walter

Walter Active Member

Wish I could've been there... Glad to see they are paying enough care to reshoot certain scenes!

11. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

12. Steve was definitely there performing Kermit. I got to talk to him, Bill, and Dave. I actually caught Bill when everything was still being set up. And when he passed my way again, he had brought Steve to come meet me! They said they were going to try to get me a photo with some of the Muppets, but ultimately they weren't able to. Some day I'll get my photo with Kermit! (And Steve reassured me that it will happen. :))

I've got some photos of the shoot, but there's nothing particularly revealing:
    http://etphoto.smugmug.com/Henson/Muppets-Hollywood-Re-Shoots/

13. Drtooth

There's a video of some footage on the toughpigs website...

all I can make out is Walter saying something short and significant and thunderous applause from the extras, Jason, Amy, and Sweetums.

14. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Who was the performer in the Sweetums costume? One of the pictures in that album has Sweetums with his head off.

Muppet Loverr likes this.
  15. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that's Matt Vogel.

16. Muppetfan2011

Muppetfan2011 Member

Hey Does anyone know when Season 5 of TMS will be released on DVD finally?

17. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Well, we need season 4 first.