Hollywood has done it again...

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
yea they have been working on a Stooges film for ages ow last rumor i heard was Jim Carrey and Jack Black where attached

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm nowhere near ready to see the Farley Brothers' Three Stooges remake that's coming out next year. Not only will it probably replace the Stooges normally funny antics with unfunny toilet humor, but it also will feature a cameo by (*gulp*) the cast of Jersey Shore.

On the one hand, I could see the Stooges doing toilet humor anyway... but other than that, I HATE the Farley Brothers. Dumb and Dumber was the unfunniest of Jim Carry's original 3 big movies (The Mask and Ace Ventura being the other 2) and the only film they did I liked was Osmosis Jones, but ONLY for the animated sequences.

I know Cartoon writer Jeffery Scott (Moe's grandson) was trying desperately to make a new Stooge project. There's a bunch of unwritten pilots for something called "Wee Stooges."

Somehow this is just wrong. It's like recasting the Marx brothers. I mean, there was the telefilm, but that was biographical. And clearly a LOT better than this could ever be.

Still, I wonder how this compares to crap like The Three Robonic Stooges.

As for HKP... I don't see any positive stuff coming out of this for people who will think the movie sucks. I mean, at least with the Smurfs we got the comics, Alvin and the Chipmunks gave us crappy overpriced single disk releases of the cartoon. Hong Kong Phooey was already released in its entirety on DVD (I have it)... and if there's any merchandise, I bet it looks exclusively like the movie.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I certainly hope you're joking about that... that sounds too far-fetched to even be true... mixing modern-day Stooges with Snooki and all those other loons?

Perhaps the likes of Tom Bergeron could put a stop to that, he's such a big fan of the Three Stooges, he actually called Larry Fine and Moe Howard when he was a teenager.
No joke, sorry to say. The Farrley's have been trying for years to get this project out, and they finally made it to post-production. Here's some behind the scenes footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz8SivVxhU0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU3C9IshZzo&feature=related

Sean Hayes plays Larry, Chris Diamantopoulous plays Moe, and Will Sasso plays Curly.
What, no Shemp? But seriously, maybe I'm crazy but I don't think these guys are doing too bad of a job. But I still can't see anybody recreating the Stooges (or any comic genius for the matter). Maybe I'd have more respect for it if it were a sketch parody or something similar. By the way, did anybody ever see Bozo the Clown's awful Laurel and Hardy remake?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, let's take a look... what have we seen within the last few years that got turned into remakes? Let's see...

Bewitched
Land of the Lost
Alvin and The Chipmunks
The Smurfs
Underdog
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Alice in Wonderland
Get Smart
Hawaii Five-O

To name a few, and now, what do we have to look forward to?

Hong Kong Phooey
Charlie's Angels
The Munsters
The Three Stooges
Mr. Peabody

And what others have been threatened with remakes, or un-necessary continuations?

I Dream of Jeannie
Gone With the Wind
Roger Rabbit

When will the madness ever end?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Okay, let's take a look... what have we seen within the last few years that got turned into remakes? Let's see...

Bewitched
Land of the Lost
Alvin and The Chipmunks
The Smurfs
Underdog
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Alice in Wonderland
Get Smart
Hawaii Five-O

To name a few, and now, what do we have to look forward to?

Hong Kong Phooey
Charlie's Angels
The Munsters
The Three Stooges
Mr. Peabody

And what others have been threatened with remakes, or un-necessary continuations?

I Dream of Jeannie
Gone With the Wind
Roger Rabbit

When will the madness ever end?
I've also heard talk of a Tom and Jerry movie (need we be reminded of the last time someone tried a T and J theatrical film?), an Angry Birds movie (which I suppose isn't too surprising), and even a Monopoly movie. And I've heard talk of a Gilligan's Island remake. Also, for a few years there's been talk about a possible sequel to "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World". I know "Rat Race" was a semi-remake, and that was actually pretty good, but I honestly don't think another "Mad World" could be done today.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, Tom and Jerry's had a series of TV and video movies done in recent years, so... yeah...

Y ou know, there's all kinds of Facebook groups dedicated to speaking out against or for scertain things, why isn;t there a Facebook group dedicated to speaking out against these crappy remakes?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
How the heck do you even make an angry birds or monopoly movie?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
a hong kong phooey movie really there serious why is it hanna barbera cartoons hollywood attacks they did it with scooby they did with the flintstones they made a horrible tom and jerry animated movie and now hong kong phooey what next