Hollywood has done it again...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OK well that's different. That's not a remake; that's a continuation.

Whether it's any good would depend on the writing and the performances.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4E0ZynwP2s
Okay, here's an example of a really bad remake (or should I call it a parody?) Pinchot and Sartain (and most of the other performers, including Abraham) seem to know what they're doing, but I can't say the say the same for the writers and directors. And while Pinchot and Sartain seem to be doing a fine job, there's no doubt that Laurel and Hardy could never be duplicated.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow....that was unexpected! Lol

Well em, I guess you'd call that a "tribute?" I'd have to see the whole movie to fully judge it.

But I agree, the actors are good but the writing I'm not too sure about yet, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As soon as I saw that, I had to give myself a faceslap, not because of the continuation of Oz (wasn't there a sequel to the 1939 movie sometime in the 80s?), but because look who the star is.

I HATE when this happens... now that she's quit Glee, and she's a "big star" now, she's going to be in every single fricken new movie Hollywood will crank out in the next few years... it's like a few years ago when Steve Carell was literally the star of every single fricken new movie Hollywood was cranking out at the time... and he's not funny, I really don't understand why he kept getting work, he's also so stiff and wooden and deadpan in his performances. As for Lea Michele, she's basically a clone of Jennifer Garner (seriously, look at 'em side-by-side, it's eerie), but she can sing.
But ten again, that's another problem with Hollywood: most of the time anymore, they don't give a care about quality, they just want the star-power... if this were the 60s, would Ashton Kutcher being doing Two and a Half Men? No, becaue he would've been "too big", "too important", "too expensive" to even consider doing television work... it's like how when sitcoms were adapted of successful movies, none of the stars from the movies reprised their roles for the shows, because they were "too big", "too important", and "too expensive" (exception being Gary Burghoff, who was Radar O'Reilly in both the M*A*S*H movie and TV series). Whatever happened to the good old days when the shows and the movies made the stars, rather than trying to have the stars make the shows and movies?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Whatever happened to the good old days when the shows and the movies made the stars, rather than trying to have the stars make the shows and movies?
Well stars were used to make the movies even in the old days. Charlton Heston was brought into Planet of the Apes to give the film some star power, because they rightly feared the film wouldn't be taken seriously otherwise.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Still, I mean back then, look how many good shows and movies came out that made household names out of practically unknown, obscure celebrities? Now, look how many already well-known, famous-for-being-famous celebrities are cast in shows and movies for the sake of casting them? And just about half of TV shows on the air nowadays star those kind of already well-known, famous-for-being-famous celebrities, and the other half star has-been sitcom stars who are trying to revive their careers being doing another sitcom where they basically play the same kind of role *cough*Patricia Heaton*cough*Patrick Warburton*cough*

I'll tell ya, the critics were right when they said Seinfeld was the last decent television show ever written.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Still, I mean back then, look how many good shows and movies came out that made household names out of practically unknown, obscure celebrities?
No I do agree, they seem even more afraid to use unknowns nowadays, which is a shame. And strange frankly. So many classic movies were cast with unknowns. Why doesn't it make sense to try repeating that?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
well to be honest i think at times the idea of Using only Unkowns is a little over rated. especially when it comes to fans and audiences, so many people cry for nknowns because they think just cause an actor or actress is unknown they are automatically good

id rather make sure whoever is being cast can do a well enough job with the character, whether they be unkown,just getting the hang of it,only in 2 movies, experienced, reviving thier career, or whatever