Holy Fruits! The Sniz and Fondue Thread!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Snap me down! Sniz and Fondue were the only reason I watched KaBlam! back in the day (well okay, that and Action League, Now!!), I mean these guys wereepic, between Sniz's hyper activity, and Fondue's finickiness, they always had some wacky moments that really made them so much cooler than most of the other segments on KaBlam!

I just never could figure out what in the world they were supposed to be though... when I was a kid, we kind of believed they were cats or something, but it seems more people speculated they were some kind of rodents, like moles or muskrats, but now the current speculation (at least what's currently on Wikipedia) is that they're ferrets... really the only evidence of that is Sniz in the hospital watching a soap opera called "Ferret Valley Hospital".

Another interesting tidbit is that years before KaBlam!, Courage creator John Dilworth co-produced a pilot short that featured prototypes of the Sniz and Fondue characters, called Psyched for Snuppa, which centered more around Snuppa and Bianca, with Sniz and Fondue (who in the short went by his first name Squeaky, Fondue is his last name) as supporting characters... and there was also a different voice cast, with Meat Loaf as Snuppa... it can be viewed on Dilworth's site StretchFilms.com under "works".

Xerus

Reaction score
I loved Sniz and Fondue too. Their stories were very original and funny. My favorite episodes were when Fondue bought a really deadly scorpion to keep Sniz out of his room but ends up getting loose in the house and everyone freaks out.
And another is when they try to force Sniz to learn how to tell time by writing, "Don't tell me time", on his forehead and leaving him alone trying to figure out what time is it right now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've recently stumbled on some S&F segments I've never seen before, because apparently, there were some "lost" episodes of KaBlam!... one involved Sniz accidentally infesting the house with termites, so everyone checks into a hotel, but because they're fed up with their respective roomies, Sniz rooms with Snuppa, and Fondue rooms with Bianca, but both Sniz and Fondue become paranoid and suspicious of the other's activities; the other is Sniz becoming insatiably obsessed with Fondue's shrimp cocktail.

On the former subject, I've always wondered about the dynamics of their relationships... as a kid, we kind of believed Sniz and Fondue were supposed to be brothers, while Snuppa and Bianca were their parents... but none of them are related, as they all have different last names (Sniz Bronkowski, Squeaky Fondue, Snuppa Dutures, Bianca Idontknowwhatherlastnameis); I'm under the impression that Sniz and Fondue are like an Ernie and Bert odd couple, and I know from the Snuppa pilot that he and Bianca are boyfriend/girlfriend, but then again, the series isn't quite consistent with the pilot.

Xerus

Reaction score
I think all 4 of them are just roommates, living together in a big house.

Also, I like how they show the opening title card in different ways, like...

Holy fruits! It's Sniz and Fondue.
Snap me down! It's Sniz and Fondue.
Yes Mommy! It's Sniz and Fondue.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just wonder why the segment was absent the second season of KaBlam!... but then again, there was a slightly different style to the designs and animation when they returned the next season... it was actually an improvement, I thought.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
I loved that show! <3 I remember Jerry Nelson did a feminine, voice-over cameo in one of the episodes-- I'll have to research the title of the episode to know.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've recently stumbled on some S&F segments I've never seen before, because apparently, there were some "lost" episodes of KaBlam!... one involved Sniz accidentally infesting the house with termites, so everyone checks into a hotel, but because they're fed up with their respective roomies, Sniz rooms with Snuppa, and Fondue rooms with Bianca, but both Sniz and Fondue become paranoid and suspicious of the other's activities; the other is Sniz becoming insatiably obsessed with Fondue's shrimp cocktail.
I defiantly recall seeing that as an in-between show bumper on Nicktoons Network a few years back.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I defiantly recall seeing that as an in-between show bumper on Nicktoons Network a few years back.
That's how came across it... but then again, Nicktoons Network supposedly played some "lost" episodes of a few old Nicktoons... IIRC, CatDog was canceled before the last few episodes of the series aired on Nickelodeon, but those episodes were seen on Nicktoons Network, same with Hey Arnold!, and I know I've seen the banned Rocko episodes on it as well.

Xerus

Reaction score
They say that Nick has a reputation for hardcore editing. Like how they took over the Ren and Stimpy show from John K because of all the gross and weird stuff he did in his cartoon. And how they never aired the last episode of Angry Beavers because it had them saying this was the final episode and Nick didn't want anyone knowing that. And Adventure Time was originally going to air on Nick, but Nick wanted all the weird stuff removed from AT, so it went to Cartoon Network instead.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wasn't there like a similar scenario with Animaniacs, where they made a big deal out of their 99th episode, and put a disclaimer somehwere in the credits saying "If you liked this, wait till you see our 100th episode", but it was canceled before they even did the 100th episode?

But yeah, Nick does do a lot of editing... I mean just look at the number of Rocko episodes that have scenes and sequences edited out for innuendos... I was disappointed that hey put the banned "Leap Frogs" episode on the DVD set BUT other episodes were still edited... though, there's speculation that Joe Murray is actually getting involved with Season Two on DVD, so hopefully that set will be an improvement.