1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Home is Where the Trash Is

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by dannyhooley, Aug 24, 2011.

1. dannyhooley New Member

I'm quite proud to say that in August 2005, on LimeWire.com (LONG before it's court-ordered shutdown last October), I downloaded an episode of "Fraggle Rock" taped off its original HBO Television Network broadcast called "Home is Where the Trash Is."

Here's an episode review: Philo (Dave Goelz) and Gunge (Richard Hunt) decide to search for where they were born in an attempt to escape from Marjory (Jerry Nelson).

While running away, they meet Marjory's arch nemesis, Wander McMooch (Bob Stutt), who kidnaps them both. At episode's end, after discovering their true "Home" was with Marjory the whole time, Philo and Gunge are reunited with Marjory.

What I like about this episode is that it was unique in the respect that unlike most generic "Fraggle Rock" shows, the focus was NOT on the Fraggles, but on other characters, with the Fraggles making only minor scene appearances.

In my personal opinion, I believe that "Fraggle Rock" was THE best show Jim Henson ever created--period--because it was such a personal project for Jim.
  2. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I like this episode too, because you get to see the more sensitve side of Philo and Gunge. They are much nicer than they are in the later episode Scared Silly. I noticed too they're only really important in this one and Gunge The Glorious.
  3. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I like the plotline in this episode. I kinda like how Marjory kicks them out at one point. Not nessesarily that she kicks them out but that in doing so that she makes it clear that they have to decide if they want to look for some place that they have no idea about, or stay where they're wanted. And that if they do want to leave they need to commit to it.

I also absolutely love the song "Home" in this episode. It's one of my favorite Fraggle Rock songs and I like songs that are the same style it's in.
  4. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Home is a very catchy song, and I think it's hilarious when they make a mess of Red and Mokey's cave. ("Hey this our room!" "Nice place but it just ain't us")
  5. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

There's one line I keep missing in that song. Maybe you can help me. It's the second verse and it's something like
    Now, tell it once again.
    Blessed be ...something
    Any idea how that second line goes?
  6. snichols1973 Well-Known Member

7. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I agree with snichols. The rat's designs must have been patterned after Droop Frackle. However, Philo & Gunge's designs were credited by Michael K. Frith and the puppets were made be Jane Gootnick.

Droop on the other hand was orginally performed by Jerry Nelson during the Muppet Show days.

For all of you MCC fans, the more you watch Droop's appearance, you could realize that Droop would be after all Jerry's character.
  8. Bliffenstimmers Active Member

My guess has always been "Let's keep it, amen, the garbage and good times, etc..."
  9. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Wow, it's been a while since I posted that last. I've been hearing "Blessed be mess amen". But your guess is as good as mine :p Thanks :)