Hooper's Store gets a new sign (1990)

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
Does anyone remember this episode from January of 1990? Big Bird is standing out in front of Hooper's Store at the beggining of the episode and starring up at the Hooper's Store sign that has been there for the past 20 years. He says "Gee Look at that sign. It sure has been there for a long long time" then he says "Ya know, that sign is all rusty and dirty, I think it's about time Looper's Store got a new sign, yeah wouldn't it be great if the store had a new sign?" "Just imagine what it would like like" Then he imagines all these different signs for the store. One of them I remember was a real fancy Colorful Sign with Lights all around it and the letters were lights. The next street scene he goes into the store and asks Mr. Handford about the new sign, and Mr. Handford says something like "Yeah you know, I guess a new sign wouldn't hurt" Well they eventually get a new sign for the store which is the newer looking one you guys probably remember from the 90's, I remember when the switch is being made Telly is getting really nervous about what is going to happen to the Old Hooper's Store sign. He came up with all these terrible ideas about what was going to happen to the "poor sign" well Mr. Handford came up with a solution to give the old sign to Telly. And Telly was really happy and he said something like "come on sign........ let's go home and have Lunch" Then the new sign was put up and everyone was Happy. Does anyone else remember this? It's funny because exactly a year later they ended up redoing the whole store. I guess they wanted a new store to go with their sign. lol. Oh well it would have made more sense if they did it the other way around. But Oh Well.