Hoots the Owl appreciation thread

P

Princeton

I love doing appreciation threads, and this one just came to me. Hoots is a great character, I think, and I don't understand why he was discontinued; they've basically discontinued all of Kevin's characters; too bad Elmo's not one of them, right? :wink: But I do have to say that Hoots is my fav Kevin character. So, anyone else like Hoots?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I did hear that hes coming back this coming 36th season. Can't wait to see him again. YEA for Kevin!!!

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
Hoots is the man yall, it was awesome I'm sure when the character was in in the 80s, as he was a hot character back than. Appeared in a lot of street stories, and people know him well probably for "Put Down The Duckie".

Erine81981

Reaction score
And "Do De Duck" song. That is one of my favorite songs. I have like two espisodes w/ hime in it. He was also in the DVD "Whats the name of that Song?" speical feture. Its a short little story w/ Elmo and other animal characters. I can't remember that much I think its on that DVD or it could be on another one. It was pretty cool to see Hoots and Elmo together.

Frogster

Reaction score
He sings in the "We Are Family" song. I've really come to appreciate him lately. I liked him as a kid, and for some reason, it makes perfect sense that he's an owl that's also a musician.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Princeton said:
I love doing appreciation threads, and this one just came to me. Hoots is a great character, I think, and I don't understand why he was discontinued; they've basically discontinued all of Kevin's characters; too bad Elmo's not one of them, right? :wink: But I do have to say that Hoots is my fav Kevin character. So, anyone else like Hoots?
Hoots never really left. After all, he was on the "What's the Name of that Song?" DVD and he was shown this season in the "Doo dee duck rubber duck" sketch and I heard his voice in the "We Are Family" video. I guess Kevin is more focused on Elmo these days, but Hoots is still around.

P

Princeton

Daffyfan2003 said:
I guess Kevin is more focused on Elmo these days, but Hoots is still around.
Call me crazy, but I believe that on the more recent Elmo's World's, Elmo is voiced by John Tartaglia. Is that true?

BEAR

Reaction score
I am so glad someone started this thread, because I LOVE Hoots so much!!! He was always such a cool character. I don't think he was discontinued, he is just not seen a lot (atleast in new sketches). I wish he was. He was always a great vehicle for songs. He is probably most famous for "Put Down the Duckie," but he has also done some other cool songs like "A Cookie is a Sometimes Food" and "At the Bus Stop." He also sings a lot on the Sesame Street Christmas Album. I wish I could have seen the episode with his granddaughter Athena, but I missed it. Would have been fun to see. I love the way he talks with the cool jazz slang (kind of the same way Louie does on Talespin). Also it is nice to see other regular bird characters. Maybe the Feathered Friends started to feel better once another bird came to Sesame Street.

BEAR

Reaction score
Princeton said:
I've never heard of that. Details, please?

He sings in "True Blue Miracle" that's all I can think of for now.