1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Host a Muppet Movie Fan Party in Your Town

Discussion in 'Events' started by Phillip, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Making plans to see "The Muppets" at the movie theater next week? Why not invite some Muppet fans to come along with you? We’re looking for hosts to help plan Muppet movie watching events in cities across the country.

Just fill out this quick questionnaire and we’ll help you get the ball rolling. You pick the place and time and then get ready to meet other Muppet fans just like you!

Fan get-togethers will be promoted on the Muppet Central home page, forum, mailing list, Twitter and Facebook.
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Great! Of course I want to go with fans to the movie. There's nothing like watching Muppet stuff with the best fans ever!
  3. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Gee a party would be great but i'd be happy if i could GET A RIDE to see the frelling thing in the first place!
  4. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Don't wait for someone to set one up in your town - just go for it! You never know who you might meet. Besides what could be better than watching the movie with a bunch a fans who "get it" like you do? So fun!

Can't wait to hear about all the fan parties! I know we have a ton of creative types who can really get folks in the Muppety spirit. Here's your opportunity to be as crazy as you want to be! :crazy:

DW, maybe someone will host in your town and you can find a ride that way. It just wouldn't be right if you didn't get to see it.
    shinycelebi225 likes this.
  5. Traceym1991

Traceym1991 New Member

If anyone lives in Orange County, California, lets get a viewing party organized! Wednesday is just around the corner!!!
  6. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I'd consider doing it, but does anyone on here even live in the Portland Oregon region? I'm only going to be up in Portland next week. If there was actually a general interest, I'd do something... maybe?
  7. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

im going to the one in mcminiville oregon
  8. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I'll fill out the questionaire, though I only know of like only 1 other member from Cincinnati, Ohio.
  9. Traceym1991

Traceym1991 New Member

Oops. Just noticed my horrible grammatical error! Let's get a viewing party going! Sorry!
  10. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Interesting. Let's see if anyone in Atlanta is interested...
  11. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Member

I'm hosting one in Atlanta through a local fandom meetup group. We still haven't decided on a date/location yet though. Around 6 of us attending so far.
  12. fragglerockr

fragglerockr Member

I'm also hosting a small gathering of friends in the Smyrna/Atlanta area. We will be seeing the 9:30 show at AMC Parkway Pointe 15.
  13. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I don't know how many Muppet fans live in Baltimore MD. I'm gonna see it in the AMC theater at the Avenue in White Marsh MD.
  14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Member

What day are you going? The general consensus so far with my group is leaning towards 11/26. And we still haven't nailed down a location, but likely on the northside of ATL.
  15. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I decided not to do one but if anyone in Cincinnati does, I'll be sure to go.
  16. GrueJ

GrueJ New Member

Tracey,
    I am in Long Beach! Would love to join ya!
    James
  17. sesame123

sesame123 New Member

In order to watch the new muppet movie, I'll start off watching all the muppet movies in order. From The Muppet Movie to Muppets in Space. And for the big finalie I'll see the brand new movie "The Muppets"! I'll have muppet music on, muppet pictures, i'll even have Follow that Bird on because they're muppets
  18. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

I'm going to the midnight-oh-one showing in Virginia Beach. (I was working this morning when they did the sneak preview.... *sigh*) Anybody in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia--show your muppety goodness!
  19. fragglerockr

fragglerockr Member

Viceroy,

We are going Wednesday the 23. I know some people can't make it because it's the night before Thanksgiving but everyone in my group is chomping at the bit to see it. A buddy of mine told me, "I never get excited for movies but I can't wait for this one". So this should be proof that even people who are not die-hard-super fans like us are excited.

To answer your question we are mostly from the Smyrna area but the theatre we are going to is AMC Parkway Pointe 15 which technically has a Atlanta address. It's up the road from Cumberland Mall and The Galleria, if that helps.

Later
  20. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

I feel like I live in the wrong part of the country. I would love to do a HUGE party...and puppet party...have local puppeteers bring their muppet whatnots, or their own custom puppets they have or use...take a big pic of all of us in the theater with our puppets...have kids get their picture taken with a puppet of their choice...I wish I could get muppet stuff to give away....and get a muppet T-shirt for myself!! It would be cool to have a muppet backdrop just like a red carpet event to take pixctures in front of. I'd like to get the news stations involved and have em come out and do a story on it...I have so many ideas...just not the time or the resources to do it! :(