How about a 1980's Old School set?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
With all of the excitemtn about the upcomming Old School set, I was wondering how you all would feel about having a set of Sesame Street episodes from the 1980s? After all, I feel just as nostalgic whenever I see Sesame Street productions from the 1980s as I do when I see stuff from 1969 and the 1970s. It would make a nice companion set to the old school set. Maybe it could be called "Sesame Street: Totally '80s".

Like the Old School set, this one could feature five episodes, 45 bonus skits, and another feature. Perhaps it could include "Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting" (I think The Jim Henson Company owns this special, but I'm sure that Sesame Workshop could easily make a deal with Henson). For bonus skits, the press release could announce "Guets appearances that children of the '80s will remember, featuring Joe Williams, Billy Joel, and Inzalk Pearlman, songs that children of the '80s will remember, including Fuzzy and Blue (and Orange), A New Way to Walk, Dance Myself to Sleep, and The Word is No!, and animations children of teh '80s will remember, including Teeny Little Superguy"

For episodes, I think it should have either the first episode of the 1979-1980 season that was broadcast in 1980 or the first episode of the 1980-1981 season, and either the last episode of the 1989-1990 season to be broadcast in 1989 or the last episode of the 1988-1989 season. For in-between episodes, it should have the episode with Mister Rogers, the episode where Big Bird leanrs about Mr. Hoopers death, and the episode where the adults finally saw Mr. Snuffleupagus. Other episodes that would be cool for this set would be the "Nighttime on Sesame Street" set, the episode with Madeline Kahn and Richard Hunt as birdwatchers, the episode that aired after the one where Snuffy was revealed to be real (where he starts making friends with the adults), the episode where Oscar first saw Snuffy (this was one of the last episodes where the adults thought that Snuffy was imaginary), the 12th season premier (I think this is the only season premier from the first 20 seasosn to not be shown on Noggin), or an episode that revolved around the short-lived character Aristotle.

For 45 bonus segments, I'd like it to have:
1. Teeny Little Superguy: Pet Spoon
2. Ernie makes a grocery list
3. Fuzzy and Blue (and Orange)
4. Beat the Time: Elmo
5. Miami Mice: The Count needs to get to the space station
6. If I Were
7. William Wegmans dog dresses in animal costumes
8. Ernie and Bert search for Dr. Livingston
9. A New Way to Walk
10. Inzalk Pearlman and a girl play the violin
11. Ask Oscar
12. Don't Waste Water
13. Ernie and Bert go to egypt
14. Forgetful Jones and Buster brush each others teeth (original version)
15. Monsterpiece Theater: Chariots of Fur
16. You're Alive
17. The Birdland Jump
18. Do De Rubber Duck
19. Proud to be a Cow
20. Kermit directs Forgetful Jones in Oklahoma
21. Squeel of Fortune
22. Dance Myself to Sleep
23. Kermit and Elmo talk about happy and sad
24. Have You Ever Looked at a Paper Clip?
25. Wheels on my Feet
26. The Word is No!
27. Scratch My Back
28. Grovers Health Minute
29. Sneek Peek Previews
30. Sesame Street News: Flying Saucer on Old McDonalds Farm
31. On Vacation with Guy Smiley
32. Just the Way You Are
33. Monsterpeice Theater: The King and I
34. I Wonder About the World Above Up There
35. If I was a Cloud in the Sky
36. The Batty Bat
37. Sesame Street News: Mary's Little Lamb
38. Share
39. Monsterpeice Theater: The Sound of Music
40. Grover the Singing Telegram Deliverer
41. Put It in the Trash Can
42. We're Alive
43. Best Friends Blues
44. One Fine Face
45. D-U-C-K-I-E

What do you think?

mjb1124

Reaction score
I have a feeling that we'll see an '80s box set somewhere down the line if the Old School Vol. 1 is successful (and I don't see why it wouldn't be). My guess is that they're going to keep going in intervals of five years for future volumes, meaning that Vols. 3 and 4 would feature '80s episodes and segments.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Taco Monster said:
I have a feeling that we'll see an '80s box set somewhere down the line if the Old School Vol. 1 is successful (and I don't see why it wouldn't be). My guess is that they're going to keep going in intervals of five years for future volumes, meaning that Vols. 3 and 4 would feature '80s episodes and segments.
I have been wondering, if volume one is successful enough to warrent more sets, if future volumes will continue to focus exclusively on the 1969-1974 years, or if they will expand but still include the first five years (maybe 1969-1976, or 1969-1979, or somethign like that), or if they will be later years only and no episodes from the first five years (only segments from those seasons that are repeated in the episodes included).

It would be great to have more episodes from the first five seasons on later sets. It would also be great for some 1980s episodes to be released in full (or at least as full a slegally possible).

Kiki

Reaction score
That sounds groovy-as! Good thought! Hey- who knows? :wink: I sooo can't wait until Old School comes out! I rully wanna see the 70's sketches!! :excited:

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
Who was Aristotle? Are there any pictures or clips online?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Tim Kelly said:
Who was Aristotle? Are there any pictures or clips online?
Aristotle was a blind monster who appeared on Sesame Street during the 1982-1983 season. He was blue and had orange hair. According to the Muppet Wiki page on him, he was one of the few monsers who had visible ears, though I couldn't find the ears on him. His page at Muppet Wiki has a picture of him. I doubt there are any pictures of him online. I've read that he wasn't included in any episodes that were shown on Noggin, though one episode that was shown had a scene where he was mentioned by name. I've also read that he was good friends with Telly. I don't know if that means they were best friends, like how Telly and Baby Bear are currently best friends, or if they just happened to appear as a team frequently, like how Cookie Monster and Prairie Dawn appear as a team but aren't really best friends.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
The Teeny Little Superguy... god that was a cool lil skit lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I want to see someone actually object to an 80's set. I feel the street sadly attained perfection just before Jim died. I mean, you have those great Telly and Oscar moments, hillarious song parodies, and various other great things.

I'd kill for an UNCUT Put Down the Duckie Celebrity edition on the set.