How about Snuffy?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
that 1977-80 period is when Michael Earl Davis performed Snuffy.
But he's not even mentioned in the book---maybe we should write to Henson for clarifcation, though I'm still with the Richard theory, since it's actually credited.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Well, Davis said that he performed the front half and the voice at one point, and was picked by Kermit Love to replace Jerry Nelson. Also, he said he has performed Forgetful Jones (probably while Richard was in London) and Slimey the Worm (probaby prior to 1980-81, when Robinson joined the Muppets).

I refuse to believe that Davis is a liar, as some on rec.arts.henson+muppets believe when the issue originally came up.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Hmmmm...

If only there was some way we could get into contact with someone who might know a thing or two about Snuffy. If only...

:big_grin:

ssetta

Reaction score
There is this one old sketch with Forgetful Jones from the late 70s where he forgot to brush his teeth, and his voice sounded very different! I thought it sounded a bit like Jerry Nelson, but maybe it was that Michael Earl Davis. And also, Clementine was in that sketch, who was performed by Brian Muehl at the time. Was Brian Muehl mentioned at all in the book? I don't think he was.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Hmmmm...

If only there was some way we could get into contact with someone who might know a thing or two about Snuffy. If only...

LOL!! That's right, Emmy and I can get to the bottom of this! Muppet Private Investigators, UNITE!

MPI!!!

(It may not have the same ring as 3 letters that are the same, but hey, I tried)

*who always thinks it'd be funny to type "UNTIE!!" instead of "UNITE!!" in a serious message*

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Well Byron, you get to the bottom of this, and I shall go get another muffin...