How about these sketches?

Frodis

Reaction score
Okay, here's some more that I've thought of. Can anyone elaborate on them?

1. A series of Sesame Street Sports segments from the mid to late 70's featuring Roosevelt Franklin dressed as a referee.

2. a rooftop musical appearance by Richie Havens (black singer that appeared at the original Woodstock) singing his version of the Beatles classic "Here Comes the Sun".

3. a muppet segment where an anything muppet plays hide and seek with some letter Z's.

4. A Sherlock Hemlock segment where he's in the backyard of a house trying to solve a mystery. My recollection is very vague, but I believe the segment had to do with a party.

5. Live action segment featuring David and Maria where Maria is in the desert looking for "Agua", but David doesn't understand the word. It was at least a two part clip, because I recall a segment where they're both old and gray, still trying to get the agua/water misunderstanding worked out.

6. A street segment where Bert takes Maria for a ride in his airplane.

That's all for now.

Frodis

clipjj27

Reaction score
I don't know if I remember any of those you listed, though some may sound remotely familiar at most. Sorry about that, but at the same time, I am sure there are other people who do remember them (at least more than I do).

Frodis said:

1. A series of Sesame Street Sports segments from the mid to late 70's featuring Roosevelt Franklin dressed as a referee.

2. a rooftop musical appearance by Richie Havens (black singer that appeared at the original Woodstock) singing his version of the Beatles classic "Here Comes the Sun".

3. a muppet segment where an anything muppet plays hide and seek with some letter Z's.

4. A Sherlock Hemlock segment where he's in the backyard of a house trying to solve a mystery. My recollection is very vague, but I believe the segment had to do with a party.

5. Live action segment featuring David and Maria where Maria is in the desert looking for "Agua", but David doesn't understand the word. It was at least a two part clip, because I recall a segment where they're both old and gray, still trying to get the agua/water misunderstanding worked out.

6. A street segment where Bert takes Maria for a ride in his airplane.

That's all for now.

Frodis

Zet

Reaction score
Frodis said:

that's a great one, I love the voice of that anything muppet. You can find it on one of the commercially released videos (the first videotape series released, one of the last tapes IIRC).

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Frodis said:

Frodis
Hey, Frodis,

I can help at least a little bit with this. The sketch in question is "The Great Twiddlebug Mystery," and it features Sherlock and Betty Lou, with an appearance by an early Herry and an early Roosevelt Franklin.

The sketch was made into a book, and you can see the entire book scanned cover-to-cover (!) here:

http://www.toughpigs.com/bookclubc01.htm

Then just for fun, read the extremely tongue-in-cheek running commentary here:

http://www.toughpigs.com/bookclubc04.htm

Sorry I can't help you with an actual copy of the sketch itself, of course. Either someone else here might help, or you could try posting in the "Wanted" thread of this forum, or by posting over at the Tough Pigs message board (TP is where the other links came from).

Good reading, and good luck!