How about this...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Think of it as a good thing, it used to be 120 seconds! :eek:
Quick, lure in the cows with poptarts! (Injoke)

I think the 60 second rule is necessery. It annoys us, but it also gives us a chance to look over our posts and realise that maybe they arn't worth waiting 60 seconds to post, in which case they wern't really worth posting at all.

If that make any sence?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I also like the feature with the new bulletin upgrade that tells you how long you need to wait before you post again in he instance you post too soon. So I'm gonna' echo that not only do I agree with the 60 second rule, but also that complaining about it is so meticulous that it's rather insulting. :smirk: Phil once said it costs close to $400 a month I think to run MC? I don't remember the exact amount, but it was up there. Think about it, it's ad free, there are many harsher forum rules that other sites have that MC doesn't, the mods are extremely fair and kind, most members are kind and fun-loving, members on here share a unique bond rarely seen in other forums and fights are very rare!

In all honesty (not that I'm suggesting this at all), but if MC were a pay site, I'd still be a member.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*puts up hand*

Sorry, I thought that required a hand-putting-up.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
As long as your deoderant is fresh; keep that hand up all you like.

*sniff sniff

Better put it down, Beau. :grouchy: :eek:

:wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
OOooooh! That one to you, Vic. *flips over scoreboard*

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I've been on forums before that are free but run on donations. Well not entirely on donations, but it's a big part of it's funding. Those members get slightly longer signatures and larger pictures as an incentive to donate. It wasn't even that much, it was $6 for basic and $12 for a full paid member.
I'm not saying that we should implement a system like that; it would probably be hard to do. But I think if we had a system of donation, that would be cool. I don't know how much it would help in the long run, but probably alot of members would want to help in some way.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I've been on forums before that are free but run on donations. Well not entirely on donations, but it's a big part of it's funding. Those members get slightly longer signatures and larger pictures as an incentive to donate. It wasn't even that much, it was $6 for basic and $12 for a full paid member.
I'm not saying that we should implement a system like that; it would probably be hard to do. But I think if we had a system of donation, that would be cool. I don't know how much it would help in the long run, but probably alot of members would want to help in some way.
I don't think the issue is that Phil is asking for money or needs help with the site. It is apparent that he does this from his heart. And asking a membership fee or donation would limit many users. It's great to have a free site that you can trust that any family member can visit, no matter the age. I think the bigger problem is the lack of appreciation and complaining about the rules of the forum. They are what they are! It is just poor form to complain about the rules when the Chapman's are so generous to host such a wonderful site.

F

furryredmonster

MuppetsRule said:
I don't think the issue is that Phil is asking for money or needs help with the site. It is apparent that he does this from his heart. And asking a membership fee or donation would limit many users. It's great to have a free site that you can trust that any family member can visit, no matter the age. I think the bigger problem is the lack of appreciation and complaining about the rules of the forum. They are what they are! It is just poor form to complain about the rules when the Chapman's are so generous to host such a wonderful site.
True, but the donation could be toatlly optional and you would not be pressured into donating. Even acouple of people donating would help. Just a thought though.