1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

How all out will Sesame workshop celebrate Season 50?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by mbmfrog, Jun 20, 2018.

1. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

I know it's a long time before we get true concrete information on Season 50, but given the history, the characters and the moments/memories of Sesame Street to a variety of people: How all out will Sesame Workshop go to not only promote the theme of Season 50, but also to celebrate it with the generations of fans of the show ?

I mean recent changes have made some older fans a bit salty at Sesame Workshop regardless of their reasonable meanings. So how should they regain fans back with this momentous event ?

I mean you only celebrate 50 years, once you know...:wisdom:

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

At this point, we don't know. It's pretty much a wait and see at this point.

3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Maybe we get more of those hidden gems like we did during season 40. I liked those.

4. LittleJerry92

I'd be down for that.

*Cough* a Little Jerry cameo would be nice.

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, Season 40 was a huge deal, so I think we can imagine how massive Season 50 would be - that's a huge milestone.

As I've said, when I met the cast at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo last year, they all hinted that SW was already in preparations for Season 50: Emilio Delgado said they were already working out stories and what have you for the season, and Bob McGrath suggested there could be some special appearances during the year, like concerts and what have you.

We'll just have to wait and see. But I've no doubts that Season 50 is going to be massive.

6. dwayne1115

I would only hope that they could possibly get Kermit involved somehow. He used to be a staple of the show.

LittleJerry92 and ConsummateVs like this.
  7. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be a Sesame Street Anniversary without a cameo appearance from :).

8. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

And now that Matt plays Kermit, it would be a lot easier to schedule that sort of thing, though I know Disney is very protective of Kermit and doesn't really like the idea of it. I dunno, maybe they could work something out...

9. dwayne1115

Disney wants us to forget that Kermit was a part of Sesame Street and that there where 5 seasons of the Muppet Show.....

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  10. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Pretty much, yeah.

11. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

I can imagine it already...

Kermit as a news reporter will announce

"Hi ho! This is Kermit the Frog here! And today is a very special day because we're celebrating 50 years of sunny days right here and now on Sesame Street!

Then will see a HUGE birthday cake with the big 50. And maybe have 50 muppets and human casts on there!

12. LittleJerry92

A Kermit cameo would be cool. I'm sure we'll get one.

13. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

There's more chance of getting it off the Pope than Disney allowing Kermit to appear in a Sesame production

14. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

All I know so far is there's going to be some sort of special hashtag to get fans to share their love of the show (I forget what it is) and there's a jazz concert sometime early 2019 at Lincoln Center.

15. LittleJerry92

16. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I bet the jazz concert will have Wynton Marsalis featured in some way.

17. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

For anyone who doesn't remember, earlier this year I decided to google "Sesame Street 50th Anniversary", just for the heck of it and came across this article: https://www.licensingsource.net/its-a-brand-new-day-on-sesame-street/

I'm not sure what they have in mind, but I did make an April Fools post where I mentioned that I contacted the author of this article, because I was desperate to find out what SW's plans were, and she gave me not all but one of the plans, as the rest are all supposed to be kept secret for a while. (For the record, I didn't REALLY contact the author- it was all part of the joke!)

Like everyone else, I'm hoping that they give out more details sometime soon.
    Sad, but true (at least to us fanatics). :sigh:

LittleJerry92 and Froggy Fool like this.
  18. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

But they showed a Sesame Street clip on the last Muppet movie tho.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  19. dwayne1115

Which bombed at the Box office.....

20. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Thread bump. I've been thinking lately: this year marks the 50th anniversary of Sesame Workshop's launch. How come they haven't acknowledged that by now? Just a small thought.