1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

How all out will Sesame workshop celebrate Season 50?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by mbmfrog, Jun 20, 2018.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Okay, random note, but I remember the first time I saw that picture, it was on the now-ruined funnyjunk.com

2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

3. LittleJerry92

Wait, so are they actually using his character for an episode this time? Unlike in season 40?

I really hope this is true.... *Fingers crossed*

4. Oscarfan

I don't know what these shoots were, but they seem like interstitial / video montage kinda things, so I don't think he'll be much more than a silent cameo. But, it's possible (they could give him to Frankie Cordero maybe).

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  5. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

I wonder how many people on Instagram will use the 50th anniversary/season hashtag- I know I will!!!!

6. Oscarfan

It's a little ill-advised using it at this point; several people on Twitter have been using it thinking it's already their 50th anniversary.

7. LittleJerry92

I mean, let's be honest. People just jump to conclusions too easily. :smirk:

8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

At a convention back in April 2017 with Caroll and Debi Spinney, Debi said one of the things they plan to do for the 50th anniversary is to bring all the puppets back, which possibly means they'll finally rebuild Bruno. I wonder if this means they'll bring back the Around the Corner characters or just characters from the '70s and '80s.

9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I don't know, but that would be an amazing museum exhibit! Muppet characters on display from every era of the show.

10. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Well I hate to be that guy but certain characters have become extinct for sure. Like Benny Rabbit and Humphrey

11. LittleJerry92

12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I don't know about Humphrey, but didn't Benny end up getting shipped out as a Muppet character for one of the international co-productions? I'm pretty sure the same thing happened to Narf.

13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Never say never look at what Disney has done with characters we never thought we would see again. Uncle Deadly, Wayne Wanda, Chip, Thog, and DogLion just to name a few. They may have to do a complete rebuild, but nothing is impossible.

14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Anybody seen the new 50th Anniversary logo? Curious after what toughpigs reported on the recent reveal today.

15. LittleJerry92

Where did you hear this?

16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I thought there was something about it on Muppet Wiki, but now I'm not see anything.

Surely @Oscarfan can either confirm or deny this.

17. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

He also showed up in the 45th season. Seems they want Roosevelt to appear in the anniversary seasons (even if the 45th anniversary was barely officially acknowledged). Of course since the 45th season, they seem to be bringing back more old school characters, even if many are non-speaking.

18. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I know Humphrey is retired because I saw him being used as Muppeteer Workshop puppet in an Instagram posted.

19. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

They only use retired Muppets for workshop puppets?

20. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Maybe, but If the Henson Workshop has maintained puppets from as far back as the 50s and 60s, i'm sure there must be some that survived from the 90s.