How are you a Henson-Muppet fan?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is how it works...

I'm a Henson-Muppet fan by way of:

1 The Muppet Show world (I first remember connecting to TMS)
2 Sesame Street world (I also watched SS)
3 Muppet movie & special worlds
4 The Dark Crystal & fantasy worlds
5 Fraggle Rock world
6 Muppet Babies world
7 Post-Jim worlds

It's not specifically project-by-project, rather the type of world you first were introduced/connected to. There are no wrong answers. It's just interesting to know the order that people became fans as it colors our later outlook on the Henson and Muppet worlds. :attitude: :coy: :scary:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
wwfpooh said:
Mine would place SS first, TMS second, FR third, MB fourth, specials fifth, DC and such fantasy films second to last, and post-Jim products dead last.
I don't have a lot of readily accessible childhood memories (I'm more of a forward-thinking gal by now) ... but I'd have to agree with this order.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
TMS, SS, movies and specials, FR, fantasy worlds, post-Jim worlds. I refuse to aknowledge MB's existence. I'm sorry, it's just not my cup of tea.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
TMS, SS, movies and specials, FR, fantasy worlds, post-Jim worlds. I refuse to aknowledge MB's existence. I'm sorry, it's just not my cup of tea.
I get you with the MBs. My taste for them was short-lived. I always found the puppets to be very attractive. Henson planned to create a motion capture puppetry program with the Muppet Babies much like what they're doing with Sid the Science Kid and the Scrumps, but that was before the Disney sale. I always find myself having to respectfully disagree with the MB fans. I'm feel fortunate that project wasn't my introduction to the Muppet characters.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
SS, TMS, and FR and the main three movies were my world, but my dad was a big Muppet fan and he really made me the fan I am today.

My whole family are fans. In fact, every Christmas Eve (this past one of which I have video proof of), when we sing 12 Days of Christmas (we all carol after presents), we all do "Ba-dum-bum-bum!" after 5 golden rings.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Let's see, 1. SS, 2. Movies, specifically TMTM my mom taped it off of HBO for me when I was about 3 or 4, 3. Fraggle Rock, 4. Muppet Babies (sad yes, but I was a little kid in the 80's) 5. TMS

StreetScenes

Reaction score
hmm....SS first, then MTI when that came out introduced me to all the movies, then TMS. how i'm a CTW fan was SS then Square One TV. despite being a child of the 80s, i never watched FR or MB--i was never into tv. never was and still am not into creature shop fantasy stuff--that type of fantasy always kind of scared me and grossed me out for some reason.

My current obsession started again with SS and is branching into international dubs & coproductions. i'm getting back into TMS, and newly getting into FR and the electric company. but the collaboration of the muppets and CTW was formative for the creativity of both, & together they're even more special than they are on their own.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
SS,
TMS,
Muppet Babies,
Fantsy Films,
Muppet Films,
Post-Jim
Fraggle Rock

Kiki

Reaction score
Hmmm, I think SST was the first thing I saw Henson-related, and then Fraggle Rock, but I watched Muppet movies a lot when I was younger as well, it was until I was about 7 or 8 I began watching TMS, and I saw The Dark Crystal a little after that. I've been a Henson fan fer as long as I can remember! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
These are all such interesting reads. I already stated my origins, of course. I wanted to read how experiences differed from mine:
Jim's Kermit was my first introduction to the frog, The Muppet Show airing right before dinnertime, Sesame Street being an ensemble cast with no Elmo at all, Fraggle Rock being a rare treat, enjoying the wonderful fantasy and classic Muppet films in the theaters and watching a couple sugary seasons of the Muppet Babies until sleeping in on Saturday mornings.

There's now a generation of 20-somethings (many of them friends of mine) that grew up with Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets Tonight or Muppets From Space being their first introduction to the non-Sesame cast while they actually got to see more Fraggle episodes from the Disney Channel on basic cable than I did when it originally aired on paid channel HBO. A group of people that automatically accept Elmo as always being a part of Sesame Street - front and center. And some fans who discovered Dark Crystal and Labyrinth on home video as undiscovered treats.

Each introduction really paints the perspective of each fan and all of them are right because each path led to the Muppets! :flirt: