How can I convert my old Sesame Street LP to CD?

SesameStreetlov

Reaction score
I have been searching through this forum forever, and can't figure out how I can transfer my old Sesame Street LP that I used to listen to when I was a little girl for my baby boy. It is called Sleepytime Bird. I have called some recording studios here in Florida and they want around $50 to convert.

Does anyone else know where I can get one already converted, or download the entire album to MP3? I know someone who has a record player, I just want a CD.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I want this so bad! :grouchy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to MC. Perhaps you should ask in the "Lots of MP3's" thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forum, as there are lots of helpful people there who could probably help you find or get CD quality versions of the Muppet songs you're searching for.

Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.

BEAR

Reaction score
Good question. I've been looking to find a way to convert audio tape into CD. I have so many old Sesame Street tapes from when I was a kid with songs on them that aren't found on CD releases today.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Try asking The Amazing Mumford to help you.

Sorry I couldn't resisit that!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
You will need a tape player or record player that has an audio output that can plug into an external hifi system or amp. You should be able (with the help of the right cable) to connect it to the audio input (line-in) on your computer. From there you can record it like you would record any other sound or music using some kind of audio software.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are quite a few old Sesame albums that we still need for Muppet Central Radio. I'd be willing to do this work for anyone who is interested as long as the album(s) you have are ones that we don't yet have for MCR. Send me an e-mail with your album lists and I'll see if I can help you out. Also, please let me know the condition of your source album or cassette. In return of course, you'll have a digitally restored version of your original albums and you'll be helping contribute more Muppet music to Muppet Central Radio.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
In Japan they are selling a laser vinyl player. It will play your old vinyl records without any of the clicks or normal noises you hear with a regular vinyl record turn table. They retail in the UK at around £5,000 for the cheapest model. Hopefully, as happened with DVD, they will become less expensive with time. I'd love to hear some of my old Muppet records as they were meant to be heard!