1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

How did Matt lose his baloobius?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by fizzingsoda, Aug 3, 2018.

1. fizzingsoda

fizzingsoda Member

(sorry if "baloobius" in the title is misspelled - i've never seen it written anywhere else but unofficial sources!)

so we know for certain that matt does not have the tuft on the end of his tail.

[​IMG]

like that is very gone.
    however, when you watch the episodes where he is shown as a younger fraggle,

[​IMG]

it's there.
    we - i, maybe - know why it's gone (with reference to character design and symbolism, you can ask about that! I Love To Explain It), but do we know how he lost it?
    did it fall off? did it get detached? did it just grow out?

2. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I think Sprocket bit it off.

Pig's Laundry and Froggy Fool like this.
  3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Hmm. I definitely never noticed! Good eye. I guess there's no good explanation other than, he probably lost it during some kind of adventure. Maybe plucked by a Gorg.

4. Dodo

Dodo Active Member

I've always just assumed he's balding. Brio the minstrel doesn't have a baloobius either, and she looks kind of old as well. Do we know if the world's oldest fraggle has one?

gavry3 likes this.
  5. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Hm. I never noticed that. I'd assume it'd be, like @Dodo said, either balding or some kind of accident during exploring, maybe.

6. fizzingsoda

fizzingsoda Member

ohhh balding? ive never heard that one before...
    brio has always been young to me. she implies that she's the newest minstrel (and "new" tends to be around "young" in my head)... convincing john doesnt have his either!
    i'll look for pictures of the world's oldest!!

7. Foodie

Foodie Well-Known Member

I always figured it was an old-age thing. Although, I'm on the fence, ( very on the fence ) with calling his tail tuft, the baloobius. I've always thought it was a gland or something in the tail. That's just me though. :smirk: