1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

How do I make a Yip-Yip puppet?

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by LlamaBoy, May 15, 2008.

1. LlamaBoy

LlamaBoy New Member

I was interested in making a yip-yip martian puppet from sesame street. I was wondering how they worked and if somebody knew how to make one or has made one.:search:

2. TheCreatureWork

TheCreatureWork Well-Known Member

3. Tztz

Tztz Well-Known Member

My dream is to have a garden full of yip-yipping yip-yips

4. wes

wes Well-Known Member

Wow thats Great Im gonna make some,

that would make a Cool Song Title "Garden full of Yip Yips"
    not to mention a Good Dr. Seuss book

5. psiomicron

psiomicron Active Member

Funny you should mention that, becasue that is my next project as well. Planning on getting the blue and pink fabric wich I seen at my local craft store (JoAnns). Geting 2 T rods for each puppet, one for the head and one for the jaw. Inside going to put black fleece. They eyes are going to be solid styrofoam balls painted with gloss paint. And probably pipe cleaners for the top.

Well see how it goes.

I'm curious on what your plan and approach will be?

Thanks!

6. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Well-Known Member

Hey you better hurry up. A month ago i saw yellow, purple, and green (the green i really needed) at Joann's. I went back this month and they only had a light blue, dark blue, and pink left. They were disscontinued, they said. I'm still kinda mad about the green because i was really looking forward to using it. Its not that expensive and i used the blue and pink in the past, and like it. It sheds alot tho.