1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

How do you collect?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Buttercup, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Buttercup

Buttercup New Member

Are you a completist, searching for even the rarest Muppets? Or do you just buy what you like? Are you somewhere in between?

I pretty much just buy what I like, with some exceptions, I'm not half as big a fan of Bunsen as I am of Beaker, but I'm getting him because they go together. I don't like a lot of the versions of the characters (ie Police Fozzie, most of the tuxedo versions) but there are some that I MUST have (Koozebane Kermit :) ).

2. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

I'm kind of in between. I like to get all of my favorite characters (Series five was *awesome!*) but some of the figures I'm not too familiar with (like, from The Muppet Show, since I haven't seen much of it) I'm not too interested in, examples would be Pigs in Space, and Patrol Bear. And I don't go after the exclusives either, too much money and I just don't have a lot of it. I have EB Games exclusive Piggy (it was free, what can I say) and I have the Tuxedo Kermit. That's about it for exclusives.

3. Moran9969

Moran9969 New Member

I'm pretty much a collector of em all...

I like some of the variants, but I don't get the exact variants with redone painting. I have all the figures from series one through five, and three from series six, minus Patrol Fozzie. Each one of the playsets are displayed in my cabinet, and I can't wait for more! The only exclusives that I have so far, are Koozebane Kermit, Invisible Fozzie, Vaudeville Statler & Waldorf, and Steppin' out Bunsen & Beaker. I'm still waiting for my eBay order of Tux Kermit and Glamour Piggy to come in... coming up waiting two months now!

4. Buttercup

Buttercup New Member

I also don't, generally speaking, collect the convention exclusives (though I desperately want The Messy Chef) but I do get store exclusives sometimes.

5. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Right now I don't have but the swedish kitchen because I just started collected a week or two ago, but I have a couple hundred dollars worth of figures on order and I'm waiting to get them in the mail. Basically, when I collect something I want every different one that was made.

6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I buy what I can get my hands on, but I don't go all out of the way to get something if I have to work really hard for it (ie, some exclusives or repaints, etc).

7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

8. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

Some day, I'd like to own it all, but I start by just getting the ones I want most.

9. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I don't try and get every single figure is because of money. Not only that, but like, the conventions are never anywhere near me, and since I'm only 15, I can't drive yet :p And on eBay, some of this stuff is expensive :o :concern:

10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Me I would love to get them all. I've bid on some on ebay. So I should be getting alot of the other that I don't have. I know I'm getting Scooter and Piggy and Kermit from the first series. I can't wait to win the 28 I bidded on. What cool is that since I work at Goodwill I get alot of Muppet stuff and Sesame Street. So I collect alot of Muppet stuff. I just found an old Muppet book. "The case of the Missing Mother" w/ the Muppets seachering for Animal's Mother. I have fond memiors of this book as a child. Mos the things I collect are books, plushes, Restruant toys. Just about anything that has to do w/ the Muppets and Sesame Street.

11. man-with-arms

man-with-arms New Member

I try to get them all. I've got all of the regular Muppets except for Zoot, and all of the repaints. I'm also missing the WWE Dr Teeth, and totally invisible Beaker, and the only industry giveaway I have is the black jacket Rizzo. I'd like to get a standard Zoot and the Wizard World Dr Teeth, but I won't try to get the others mainly because of the price.

12. camilla

camilla Member

If I had the money i would buy them all. As it stands I tend to get them as presents. i tend to go for my favourties or the slightly more uinusual one3s. i do not see the point in a lot of the exclusive ones. Tuxedp Bunsen and Beaker just seem silly to me.

Thats hpw I collect my Palisades figures

13. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

I'm somewhere in between a completist and buying only what I like. Of course I would like to have every figure ever made.

14. Cap Backfire

Cap Backfire New Member

Somewhere in the middle...

Somewhere in the middle I get my collecting done. I don't have alot of exclusives (half invisible beaker is my pride and joy) and don't really care to get them (Vaudeville Hecklers and Kitchen Disaster are the two most wanted figs on my list right now), but I want to at least get the normal versions of everyone. And every Kermit ever made since he's my definitive favorite. I definitely want to get every playset cause they are so hella-awesome, but I simply run into the problems everyone else is... Space. They should make some exclusives titled "Muppets NEED Space."

15. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Active Member

I wasnt a completist until very recently when my sister got my the white tux Rowlf, Invisible Beaker, Wizard World Dr. Teeth and Invisible Spray Fozzie for this past Xmas. I'm not too far from having them all at this point, save the Holiday Kermits and Rizzos, the repaint Zoot, the blue shirt Vacation Fozzie and of course that Wedding set. Can anyone help me out with these?

Mike

16. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

Im a completist on the regular series, 1 per case repaints and exclusives. I have 2 of the giveaway figures I got by luck. Im not really worried about the giveaway figures and wedding set though. If I get them cool, if not so what. :)

17. Cap Backfire

Cap Backfire New Member

Hey DarthGonzo!!!

DarthGonzo, is your sister single??? She got you all those figs INCLUDING WWE Dr Teeth??? That's some LOVE dude... If she's in the Chicago land area and single, I'm interested... HAHHA :p Even if she's NOT single I'm interested... ;) Just kidding. That's gotta be the best list of Christmas Swag I've heard of yet. Congrats.

18. jediX

jediX Active Member

I'm only a completist in two lines: Star Wars and Muppets (although I could really care less about the ridiculously rare items -- I can't justify spending that much money on little bits of plastic). I also collect the LOTR and Marvel Legends figures but only pick up the ones I really like from those. As for the Muppet exclusives, I'm only picking up the NEW figures, such as Super Scooter (which I'll be getting sometime soon) and Chef w/ Lobsters (which I already have).

Anyway, how I collect (as in the physical act of 'collecting') Muppets is just find out the 'release' date, show up at Media Play or Suncoast sometime in that day's afternoon, and just look. Of couse, it's usually by luck since it took me several weeks to locate series 6. But, you know, if you look hard enough you don't have to do that. I've seen repaint Janice & Clifford in the past month on the shelves, so they aren't as rare as they can seem to be -- you just have to find the stores that don't sell out quickly (such as a Sam Goody in this major mall here).

I'll buy every figure they release normally, as I (and I'm sure the vast majority of you guys) have been waiting for these figures for my entire life.

19. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

I'm aiming for all of them. As just started buying a couple of weeks ago, here's what I have right now or are expecting in the mail soon-
    Chef Kitchen Playset
    Muppet Lab Playset
    Series 1
    Series 2
    Lew from Series 3
    Series 4
    Series 5
    Tux Kermit
    Clifford Repaint
    Rizzo Repaint
    Koosbane Kermit
    Super Scooter
    Invisable Fozzie
    Vacation Fozzie Toyfare
    Crash Helmet Gonzo

20. jediX

jediX Active Member

If you don't have him, Scooter (S3) should be a sinch to find, too. I keep seeing him pop up at Media Play all the time.