How do you like THESE apples? Vacation News...

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Yes the Triology stuff rocks! I am kinda disappointed by the whole prequels... some great special effects though, but my heart doesn't feel the same when I watch them. I miss Luke, Leia, Han and the now dead Chewie ( I heard he died in the comics )

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
More Vader! The Dark Lord is just too cool!
Hey I never did see the Star Wars/ Muppet episode. I saw a DVD with it included on it. Thinking of buying it. In the Muppet show was there a muppet who was Darth Vaderish?

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by bc-fraggle
More Vader! The Dark Lord is just too cool!
Hey I never did see the Star Wars/ Muppet episode. I saw a DVD with it included on it. Thinking of buying it. In the Muppet show was there a muppet who was Darth Vaderish?
i highly recommend the DVD...i just watched it again a little while ago (another sleepless night here) the character you're asking about was "Dirth Nader" (spelling?) and the joke was that it was Gonzo in a Darth Vader-type outfit. it was pretty funny! that DVD also has the episodes with Paul Simon and Raquel Welch which are also excellent.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Originally posted by bc-fraggle
Yes the Triology stuff rocks! I am kinda disappointed by the whole prequels... some great special effects though, but my heart doesn't feel the same when I watch them. I miss Luke, Leia, Han and the now dead Chewie ( I heard he died in the comics )
Chewie actually died in one of the novels...aparently a moon fell on him? I don't know..I didn't read it...sounded kind of lame...

anyway, only things that happen in the movies are really official, so i don't worry too much about it

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stryder Wolfe
Chewie actually died in one of the novels...aparently a moon fell on him? I don't know..I didn't read it...sounded kind of lame...
I pictured that Ren & Stimpy space episode where Ren climbs out of a tent and knocks his head on a low orbitting moon.

grail

Reaction score
i met R.A. Salvatore (the author) at Celebration. i feel bad for the poor guy. the guys a very prolific and pretty respected author, but all he ever hears about is "how could you kill him?!" the saddest thing is that it wasn't even his idea...he was told "you get to kill Chewie" and that was it.

the book is called "Vector Prime" for those that are interested, i havn't read it yet, though i believe i have a copy somewhere...i have too much stuff...

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
yeah, I like salvator too...his forgotten realms books are great, and his take on Episode II star wars was, at worst, interesting...

he should kill more of his own characters and not bring them back to life though *coughwulfgarcough*

Blinky

Reaction score
Ya seriously has he killed any of his own characters?
I still need to read the Sea of Swords but I think all of the original characters from the Dark Elf series and the Cleric Quintent are all fine and dandy.

bc-fraggle

Reaction score
Yup Chewie is dead in the book, but lives on in our hearts! Okay that was way sappy... but I agree... what happens on the big screen is what I go with. So as far as I am concerned until George makes a movie where a moon falls on Chewie and kills him, Chewie still lives. I don't follow the expanded stuff much... I just like the movies. Heck comics had boba fett going by a different name, Jester Merell I think.. and they even developed a back story where he grew up on a planet called Concord Dawn... um... George didn't go with any of that stuff, as in the movie they call him, Boba. Plain and simple, Boba.
I like how the movies have developed Boba... I hear he's coming back in the next and last movie.