How do you start a Petition to get DVD releases?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I remember reading how an online petition got Fraggle Rock to DVD, as a DVD collector I'm trying really hard to get a lot of my favorite TV shows and Films onto official DVD release. And I want to experiment with the Petition option or at least look into it. So I was just curious if anyone had any experience or success with it and perhaps could give me some tips. Thanks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't bother. DVD petitions barely meant something 10 years ago. Now studios are flooded with requests to put something on DVD, and DVD sales are slipping (mainly due to the fact they're only interested in releasing current sitcoms and TV shows you can easily see online on Hulu), and there's less and less desire for studios to release anything people actually want.

Don't think people haven't been banging down the doors trying to get the rest of Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Disney Afternoon, and The Muppet Show released. It's all about blaming the low sales on stuff people didn't ask for or even have a desire to see on video.

Now, I'm not trying to be mean, rude, or negative by any means. Anyone who's signed a petition to get something on DVD and has never seen it can share the heartbreak. The Fraggle Rock petition was one of the few lucky ones.