How do you turn yellow plastic eyes on old hasbro softies back to white?

MayorOscar

Reaction score
Hello, so I've happen to come across something I want at a shop near me that's had it for a while and it's in a really good condition... The eyes however are yellowed out. Like not horribly, but you can tell it's not white anymore.... How do you get them to turn white again-- without destroying the black part of the eyes, and the rest of the plush? Would it be a better solution to just replace the eyes? I.e. have someone else stitch up some new eyeballs on it? lol. I was thinking of getting it done (the latter) but it seemed a bit of a hassle..

and even if you can turn the eyes back to normal (white with the black parts) is there a way to keep them from yellowing again?

Also, does anyone know how to sanitize used toys that have fur on them?

--Forgot to say:

Thank you.

VonCount

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you'd do this with a stuffed toy but I've had great success soaking an old yellowed toy in hydrogen peroxide and leaving it in the sun. I read about it on legos and tried it on an old toy I had and it worked, you have to fully submerge the plastic and it only works where the sun hits it, so unless you can remove the eyes, I'm not sure you could do this, unless you could find a hydrogen peroxide cream or gel, you could possibly protect the plush with plastic and put the cream on the eyes. If you figure it out I have a big Bird with this very problem.