1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

How does bear work?

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by fannyarbuckle, Apr 3, 2008.

1. fannyarbuckle

fannyarbuckle New Member

Does any body know how that guy controls that seven foot bear? Ive search the web but i just dont know. My family and were watching it on tv tonight and my husban and i were fasinated about how bear moves. Can any one help? :eek: .
  2. Franklin Heart

Franklin Heart New Member

well all can tell you with out over stepping. is he works the same way as Big bird.

and the Bears that were in the live show worked slightly different then the ones in the TV show.
  3. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

The right arm/hand is extended over the puppeteers head inside the costume and is operating the head/mouth/eyes and the left arm is controlling Bear's left arm. Hope this helps.
  4. fannyarbuckle

fannyarbuckle New Member

Bear!

Thanks so much for the info. :D Big help.
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

But sometimes don't you see both of his hands working at the same time?
  6. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I don't think so. Although usually there is an invisible wire (like a fishing line) attached from the right arm of the puppet to the body so that the arm moves sometimes.
  7. Franklin Heart

Franklin Heart New Member

Thanks Bear , I can't really give out that info due to a confidentiality agreement.
  8. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

What?:confused:
  9. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

There has been a lot discussion in the puppetry forum about "walk around" puppets like Big Bird and Bear in the past. If anyone wants to look those up, just do some searching in the puppetry section.