1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

How is a Fraggle born? Where do Fraggles come from?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by WemblinKate, Jul 31, 2002.

1. WemblinKate

WemblinKate New Member

This came up through another thread and I really would like to see what you Fraggle Fans have come up with. I don't think there was ever an official explanation but at the old forum we came up with something on our own. It's basically up to us, our own personal ideas of how it goes and I wanted to see what you all think.

What we decided the last time we had this conversation at the old forum was that Fraggles have a much different, um, maturity growth than us humans. While we spend most of our lives as adults, they spend most of theirs as children. It's not until the end of their "cycle" (this has been referred to in many an episode) that their mature and reproduce. Of course, that's only what a group of us came up with, I want to hear what you guys always thought if you ever did.
  2. Salmoto

Salmoto New Member

I always though the main group of fraggles to be kids. I mean, how could they not be? There's the one who likes exploring, the one who likes playing sports, the one who likes creating art, the one who keeps to himself, and the one who's just off the wall weird. But even though they were kids, they did have some adult sensibility, they lived on their own and they took care of themselves. Of course it's not hard to find a radish or a gorg building when you're hungry, and you can always convince your rather introverted friend to wash your clothes for you.
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>I always though the main group of fraggles to be kids. I mean, how could they not be? There's the one who likes exploring, the one who likes playing sports, the one who likes creating art, the one who keeps to himself, and the one who's just off the wall weird. But even though they were kids, they did have some adult sensibility, they lived on their own and they took care of themselves<<<

Hey, Im 24 and am still a big kid. But yeah, I think the fr gang was somewhere in their middle teens
  4. Ryan

Ryan New Member

How is a Fraggle Born?
    Well, when two Fraggles love each other very much, they.........Sorry, just had to do it ;) :p

But seriously, Many Muppets (TMS, FR ,SS) have been written as "Phsycological" ages. In other words, the Muppet may not have an actual age, but he/she acts a certain age (Ernie, Bert, Cookie, Miss Piggy, Grover, Fozzie, Oscar, Gonzo, etc) . It's also important to note that some characters never grow up, such as Big Bird (Who has been six 1/2 for about 20 years) and Elmo and Zoe.
  5. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Right Right. This is why the World's Oldest Fraggle was one of, if not the only, old Fraggle to appear on the show. None of the others ever aged, so he reigned supreme as the only oldie! :)

-Matt
  6. WemblinKate

WemblinKate New Member

I was waiting for someone to say that. hehehe.

No, thanks you guys, I'm just really interested what other people have to say on this subject because we should look at this show as these characters, if they were real, how would they life cycle be? Because we are all a part of life, we're born and we die. I don't think the fraggles came from no where, that they Gobo and Mokey and Wembley and Red and Boober have been alive through the whole existance of the universe and that they just never die. In the literal sense, of course. And since this topic was never discussed with anyone that worked on fraggle rock, it's all up for us to discuss and fight and bicker all we want! Whoopie! Anyways, thanks for sharing you're thoughts and opinons.

Wemblin' Kate
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think someone like Jerry Nelson wrote an article for something one time and explained the whole shebang of Fraggle evolution. I can't remember anything more about it - i think Smig or Chris/Gobo might know about it.
  8. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I just assume Fraggles come from Jim Henson's Creature shop.
    They are brought to birth by their creators from Muppet-building materials. :p
  9. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Well, about that...
    The way I think of muppets VS. puppets is that while the puppets are material things that are not alive, can be handled, put in drawers or hung in warehouses, the muppets are spiritual beings that have lives of their own.

Some people on the old Fraggle Rocker forum decided that fraggles are hatched from eggs, based on the moment when the storyteller was beginning to tell of the Life and Times of Fidora Fraggle. She was interrupted, but she started to say that Fidora Fraggle was hatched. This is in episode 8.

Hehe, Marty, isn't bumping old threads fun? Woopy!
    :excited:
  10. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Yes it sure is Kate. Hooray. Two of Red's good friends are also excited about it and they're here also.:smirk: :coy: They don't want to miss all the fun we're having.
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But given scientific terms, aren't we ALL "hatched from eggs"? :D

Therefore, there's no concrete answer to where the Fraggles come from...they just ARE! :)
  12. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Baby Fraggles come from the Radish patch, of course! ;) Wait, sorry, my bad. They didn't even know about radishes until Uncle Matt found them :p

I always assumed the "fab 5" were in their mid to late teens. If they were kids then I don't think they'd go off and live alone in "apartments" and travel alone and such... but then, maybe it's different with Fraggles :)
  13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Yeah, it could be different, given that some animals in real life are abandoned by their caregivers as soon as they're about to move about!
  14. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Fraggles seem too loving to be those sort of animals :)
  15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Well, recall that I never said family moved too far away & besides, they're surrounded by friends of their own kind and friends within our human world & within the Gorg's garden! The Fraggles have it made in life! ^_^ *wishes he could be a Fraggle*
  16. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

We see a parent/child in the opening sequence, and there may have been one or two here and there in episodes ... don't remember.

I wouldn't say they're abandoned as soon as they can walk. Gobo obviously hung out with Matt growing up. I would suspect that after a Fraggle is weaned, they are paired with another relative or friend (if Wembley is the youngest, that may be why he moves in with Gobo), and only when they reach "maturity" can they successfully live on their own.
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Indeed, but the Fraggles like being together (the five especially). XD
  18. wemblingalong

wemblingalong Member

Fraggle Eggs?

I always saw the main 5 like college kids. Out on there own living in there own cave for the first time. Wembly the nervous Freshmen, Gobo the Sophomore ready for adventure, Boober the uptight studier, Red the party girl and Mokey her mis-matched roomate/hippie girl.

Where did they come from, wow, good question. Do you think Fraggles lay Fraggle eggs? I see Fraggle eggs as very colorful maybe the way they would be colored is similar to the color of the characters. Gobos would be orange and purple, Red's would obviously be Red, and etc. Maybe once they are laid they are put in a Grand Fraggle nest and a group of Fraggles hatch at the same time surrounded by songs from the surrounding families and the elder fraggle! Who knows maybe after the new Fraggles are hatched the Fraggle Horn is blown for all the inhabitants of Fraggle Rock to celebrate the newborns! :excited:

Sorry sometimes my imagination runs away with me! :coy:
  19. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Well, if it proved that Fraggles lay eggs and it's already obvious that they're fur-bearing, does that mean that the Fraggles are like platapuses?
  20. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Yes, I think that is what they are like, like I said before: