How is a Fraggle born? Where do Fraggles come from?

WemblinKate

Reaction score
This came up through another thread and I really would like to see what you Fraggle Fans have come up with. I don't think there was ever an official explanation but at the old forum we came up with something on our own. It's basically up to us, our own personal ideas of how it goes and I wanted to see what you all think.

What we decided the last time we had this conversation at the old forum was that Fraggles have a much different, um, maturity growth than us humans. While we spend most of our lives as adults, they spend most of theirs as children. It's not until the end of their "cycle" (this has been referred to in many an episode) that their mature and reproduce. Of course, that's only what a group of us came up with, I want to hear what you guys always thought if you ever did.

Salmoto

Reaction score
I always though the main group of fraggles to be kids. I mean, how could they not be? There's the one who likes exploring, the one who likes playing sports, the one who likes creating art, the one who keeps to himself, and the one who's just off the wall weird. But even though they were kids, they did have some adult sensibility, they lived on their own and they took care of themselves. Of course it's not hard to find a radish or a gorg building when you're hungry, and you can always convince your rather introverted friend to wash your clothes for you.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I always though the main group of fraggles to be kids. I mean, how could they not be? There's the one who likes exploring, the one who likes playing sports, the one who likes creating art, the one who keeps to himself, and the one who's just off the wall weird. But even though they were kids, they did have some adult sensibility, they lived on their own and they took care of themselves<<<

Hey, Im 24 and am still a big kid. But yeah, I think the fr gang was somewhere in their middle teens

Ryan

Reaction score
How is a Fraggle Born?
Well, when two Fraggles love each other very much, they.........Sorry, just had to do it :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

But seriously, Many Muppets (TMS, FR ,SS) have been written as "Phsycological" ages. In other words, the Muppet may not have an actual age, but he/she acts a certain age (Ernie, Bert, Cookie, Miss Piggy, Grover, Fozzie, Oscar, Gonzo, etc) . It's also important to note that some characters never grow up, such as Big Bird (Who has been six 1/2 for about 20 years) and Elmo and Zoe.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Scooter
How is a Fraggle Born?
Well, when two Fraggles love each other very much, they.........Sorry, just had to do it :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

But seriously, Many Muppets (TMS, FR ,SS) have been written as "Phsycological" ages. In other words, the Muppet may not have an actual age, but he/she acts a certain age (Ernie, Bert, Cookie, Miss Piggy, Grover, Fozzie, Oscar, Gonzo, etc) . It's also important to note that some characters never grow up, such as Big Bird (Who has been six 1/2 for about 20 years) and Elmo and Zoe.
Right Right. This is why the World's Oldest Fraggle was one of, if not the only, old Fraggle to appear on the show. None of the others ever aged, so he reigned supreme as the only oldie! :smile:

-Matt

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Scooter
How is a Fraggle Born?
I was waiting for someone to say that. hehehe.

No, thanks you guys, I'm just really interested what other people have to say on this subject because we should look at this show as these characters, if they were real, how would they life cycle be? Because we are all a part of life, we're born and we die. I don't think the fraggles came from no where, that they Gobo and Mokey and Wembley and Red and Boober have been alive through the whole existance of the universe and that they just never die. In the literal sense, of course. And since this topic was never discussed with anyone that worked on fraggle rock, it's all up for us to discuss and fight and bicker all we want! Whoopie! Anyways, thanks for sharing you're thoughts and opinons.

Wemblin' Kate

Luke

Reaction score
I think someone like Jerry Nelson wrote an article for something one time and explained the whole shebang of Fraggle evolution. I can't remember anything more about it - i think Smig or Chris/Gobo might know about it.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I just assume Fraggles come from Jim Henson's Creature shop.
They are brought to birth by their creators from Muppet-building materials. :stick_out_tongue:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, about that...
The way I think of muppets VS. puppets is that while the puppets are material things that are not alive, can be handled, put in drawers or hung in warehouses, the muppets are spiritual beings that have lives of their own.

Some people on the old Fraggle Rocker forum decided that fraggles are hatched from eggs, based on the moment when the storyteller was beginning to tell of the Life and Times of Fidora Fraggle. She was interrupted, but she started to say that Fidora Fraggle was hatched. This is in episode 8.

Hehe, Marty, isn't bumping old threads fun? Woopy!
:excited:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hehe, Marty, isn't bumping old threads fun? Woopy!
:excited:
Yes it sure is Kate. Hooray. Two of Red's good friends are also excited about it and they're here also.:smirk: :coy: They don't want to miss all the fun we're having.