How is Miss Piggy made?

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
How was the original version of Miss Piggy made and how is latest done?

By the way, I am planing to make a replica of the latest version of her so I'd love suggestions. :wink:

propologist

Reaction score
The original Miss piggy was carved out of a block of foam. Then a sealer coat for the flocking to be applied to.

Other vers. is sculpted in clay, then molded and then cast foam latex that is then flocked. Current ver. was sculpted in 3d and then printed, cleaned up, molded, then cast in foam latex and then flocked. Her head is now more symmetrical than before. There are a few other steps for all vers. but this is the short answer. Foam Latex is not that durable or long lasting so they do tend to replace her head a lot.

Bear Man

Reaction score
I didn't know the current version started off life as a 3D sculpt and print. Would love to get that! (A 3D print would be the ideal basis for a photo puppet replica, I mean you couldn't move her snout but it'd be much more durable than foam latex)

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
The original Miss piggy was carved out of a block of foam. Then a sealer coat for the flocking to be applied to.

Other vers. is sculpted in clay, then molded and then cast foam latex that is then flocked. Current ver. was sculpted in 3d and then printed, cleaned up, molded, then cast in foam latex and then flocked. Her head is now more symmetrical than before. There are a few other steps for all vers. but this is the short answer. Foam Latex is not that durable or long lasting so they do tend to replace her head a lot.
I heard this many times from other people,but how do you know all of this? I mean where did you get the information from?

propologist

Reaction score
I work in the film industry as well as in the consumer products development.
I was one of the two people working on the Master Replicas Muppet project. As well as the EFX muppet project.

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
I work in the film industry as well as in the consumer products development.
I was one of the two people working on the Master Replicas Muppet project. As well as the EFX muppet project.
Cool!
thanks for everything:wink:

piggy989piggy

Reaction score

can you write the full progress for the clay version?(i'd be very thankfull if you would write the details for example:what was the material used for sealer coat?,or what kind of flocking?)