How long has the forum been around?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I understand that Muppet Central was first launched in 1998, but is that when the forum was launched too, or did it come later?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm thinking it came later...I've been here for over four years, and I know that there was a Delphie Board before this'n, and a chat board. But I think that they must have come a little after that.

Beau

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Never cared for Delphie boards. I've been here since late 2003, back when there was only ONE Sesame Street board.

That Announcer

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Never cared for Delphie boards. I've been here since late 2003, back when there was only ONE Sesame Street board.
Man, there was only ONE SS board? It's a weird thing...

Also, I never liked Delphi's boards either. There's one board in particular, but I'll go resurrect the "Worst boards" thread to mention that. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
Man, there was only ONE SS board? It's a weird thing...
Yeah. Certain boards still weren't around then. Shortly after the Disney buy, there were new boards added, and the "Sesame Street" board divided into "Classic Sesame Street" and "Sesame Street",

Beauregard

Reaction score
And shortly before that the Games board was entirely destroyed...whah!!!! *sniff*

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We've actually had three different boards. The site debuted in January 1998. The first board premiered in April 1998 and was up for about six weeks. In May 1998 we moved to Delphi where the forums were hosted until April 2002 when Delphi began charging for more advanced accounts and went crazy with additional ads. We've been hosting the forum here with vBulletin since April 2002.

And speaking of the forum, some nice forum updates are on the horizon for August so stay tuned.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh, I'll stay tuned, believe me I will! ...which is more than I can say for my piano...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
And speaking of the forum, some nice forum updates are on the horizon for August so stay tuned.
*Eyes open really wide*
Can't WAIT!

Ernie101

Reaction score
That's great, I have always loved forums..and even better when they change up every now and then. I'm sure it'll be something good Phillip.