1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

How long have people been here?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Wembley, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Wembley

Wembley Well-Known Member

How long have we all been members of Muppet Central - in all its various locations - on forums.delphi.com and then here...? (IIRC we have had other places we've been too, but its been a long time)

I remember MC vaguely (Something about Obsessed Fraggle Fans) on Geocities(?) and being a part of at least three "Festival of the Bells" events in the old Chat rooms on Delphi. Even though I've only got 78ish posts under my belt here, I think I was one of the first people to come to the "new" Muppet Central forums... I joined on April 17th 2002 - I don't recall the exact date of the switchover.

Well, who else has been here for the whole duration? I'm impressed to see how much MC has grown over the years - Philip and crew have poured their effort into making this site what it is today!

--Rick "Wembley" Miller
    ..."You can NOT leave the magic!"

2. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon Well-Known Member

I'm a semi-newbie. I came on board as a lurker shortly after the board moved here and started posting in August. So I've been around for a couple years.
    Erin

3. muppetmayhem

muppetmayhem Well-Known Member

I joined in

4. muppetmayhem

muppetmayhem Well-Known Member

august 14 this year. only three months old

5. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I've joined just last year. It's been just a year. I've loved every muppety thing that goes on in this web site.

6. Party_Animal

Party_Animal Well-Known Member

I joined December 21, 2003, so I'll have been here a year by this time next month. :)

7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Wow, hey, I can't believe that you've only been here a month. I feel like I've known you since, forever!

I've ben here since April 2002, so, what's that? Over two and a half years now.

I can't believe I ever wasn't here, though I can remeber back when I was just a lerker, reading other peoples meesages on the Delphi Board and wishing I could join in.

Bea:zany:{And if you count my future self, I've been here for, like, over a thousand years}regard

8. Beebers

Beebers Well-Known Member

A year and a week.

:) ;) :)

9. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder Well-Known Member

I used to come to muppet central when I first had internet access in about 1997-98 I think. I was a member of the old delphi forum but never posted. I then signed up here and just read and never posted for a while then now I post all the time. This forum among other muppet communities made me more of a muppet/henson fan, seeing other fans made me want to collect much more, it was the combination of that and the release of the palisades muppet figures that made me more of a fan. Although I've always been a big fan I never collected as much as I do now.

10. Whatever

Whatever Well-Known Member

Fourteen months (the one thing I beat Beebers in!)

11. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Well-Known Member

I often look at older messages from the Delphi forums, and I found out that I joined the Muppet Central Forums on 10-14-2000 (one day before my birthday)! I can't believe I've been around here for four years! :excited:

12. christyb

christyb Well-Known Member

I've only been here about two or three weeks now. So I guess I'm the baby of the gang.

13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Nah...

I still feel like a newbie myself. But, look at it this way, most of the oldies have left, so there's is only newbies so now the new newbies arn't as new as the newbies who joined before the oldies left to make room for the new newbies.

Bea:zany:{That took a lot out'a me}regard

14. PukkaPukka

PukkaPukka Well-Known Member

Well, posting-or-not, I've been here since late last year (over a year now...and what a year it's been, lemme tell ya!). It's been great coming here, and--if you can believe it, I don't have 1,000 posts yet LOL! Not gonna start muffining...well, maybe....hehe. Mmmm...choc chip muffins!

>Adam

15. McFraggle

McFraggle Well-Known Member

I lurked for about a month and a half, and then I joined at the end of March 2004.

16. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo Well-Known Member

I lurked for about a month or two, and then I joined in July 2004. But I've been a Muppet Central visitor since the pre-"Muppets From Space" days.

17. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Why have they gone? Anyway, I guess my little "Info Corner" up there says it all, January 3rd of this year. But a loooooooong time lurker, believe me. Have been a HUGE Muppet fan all my life, but just (fairly) recently got my own home computer and decided to start posting about 5 months after that. I think I might have even seen the old Delphi version some years ago searching for Muppets from the library computer or old roomates'. I'm always like that though, I'll love something completely, but not go nutso about it until right before it becomes huge to the rest of the world too. Good sign for things to come!

18. Beebers

*sigh* sorry, this has just been hashed over so many times, ad nauseum. In a nutshell - the oldies didn't like the newbies so the oldies all went over to toughpigs.com where you can find them to this day. Just trying to forestall yet another windy, irritating and endless discussion of it. Check out toughpigs if you want to meet or hang with the oldies from MC.

:grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy:

19. Whatever

Whatever Well-Known Member

*hash, hash, hash* :sympathy:

20. Beebers

omg. Please God, do not let us be starting this Geetheolddaysweresomuchbetterandyounewbiesarejustsoinferiortotheolddays garbaaahhhhggggggge yet again. It's ****, everybody knows it, and what a blankety-blank waste of everyone's time it is.

:grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy: