1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

how many famous puppeteers for past and presnet are in here

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by melissa, Sep 27, 2002.

1. melissa

melissa New Member

i would like to know how want famous how many famous puppeteers are in here :) from the past and prestent :)

and some from the movie called labyrinth to and the story teller :)

melissa :)
  2. melissa

melissa New Member

hi

i mean this forum :)

melissa
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I wish I was a Muppeteer or could help you but I put up a thread like this and no one replied to that eather, so I think somone should do some sluthing and find out who are Muppeteers here under differant names.

Or we'll have to resort to guns and blackmail to find them.
  4. grail

grail New Member

and that's exactly why you won't find any...

apparantly there used to be more than one that would come in and check the place out and say "hi" but the instant they would do so, they were deluged with questions, and requests, etc, etc...and so now it's very rare to see one around. i think the only brave soul i've seen stick her head in since i joined back in July is Karen Prell.

*sigh*, it's a shame too...i'm sure they're awesome people if folks woulda just let them be Muppet fans, instead of giving them crap. but that's what happens when someone famous enters the room, all eyes turn. these are people that spend most of their time with their face OFF camera. warning sign number 1 that maybe they're not simply looking for attention.
    they're people too...people with wicked cool jobs, but still just people.
  5. I'm not a famous puppeteer (...yet) either, but I know that Karen Prell and Jerry Nelson sneak around the boards sometimes. At Muppetfest Jerry told me he remembers seeing my screen name. I have a feeling they just come on as "guests" though, because of the mobsters just discussed. It's a shame they can't even be safe on a site dedicated to them.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf
  6. Beauregard

It's very sad.
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

That's why I and others feel a official fan site might attract more JHC people, performers or otherwise.

Hopefully www.muppets.com gets reinstated in 2003.
  8. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

if I were a famous puppeteer and just wanted to hang out, just wouldn't tell anyone who I was...or have multiple ID's..maybe the admin's might find out, but i'm sure they'd keep a secret...
  9. no1yallno

no1yallno New Member

There are many more of us here than you realize. EVERYONE gets their muppet news from this forum. Keep up the great work!
  10. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

**gulp**

There are spies?

:D
  11. no1yallno

no1yallno New Member

Oh, not "spies" exactly...It's just that you guys always know what's going on with the company long before any of us find out.
  12. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe New Member

:p That's funny....I never thought of that....
  13. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

Yeah, this really is the premiere place for Muppet Info. So many things I wouldn't have known until much later unless I hung around here. The Swamp Years release, the elimination of Farscape, working with Antron fleece, the secret weird past of Byron.

I always direct anyone with an interest in what's happening with the Muppets (since I deal with lots of amateur puppeteers) to MC. It's also cool cuz I can send kids here and feel good about it not coming back to bite me from their parents.
  14. Beauregard

You are a Muppeteer? I hope I havn't said anything about you!!!!!!!

Oh dear. I am going to faint. *faints*
  15. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

I noticed today that Mike Quinn posted, so he must check out the boards once and awhile (or maybe Karen just gives him summaries). LOL