How Many Muppet Movie Copies Do You Own?

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I recently sorted out my DVD collection and realized how many Muppet VHS/DVD/Blu-Ray copies I had of certain Muppet films multiple times :fanatic:

Years ago I threw away my entire VHS collection minus my Muppet videos and since then have been expanding my DVD collection and now Blu-Ray. I'm a big fan of collecting films on DVD/Blu-Ray but I never fall into the trap of purchasing the same film twice, exclusive, widescreen, extended, whatever, if I already own the film once I do not purchase it again unless it's Muppet related :smile:

I was wondering how many versions of each of the Muppet movies does everybody own? The funny thing is I think most of us are going to have the same list :confused::wink:

TMM = 6 (3 VHS, 2 DVD, 1 Blu-Ray)

TGMC = 4 (1 VHS, 2 DVD, 1 Blu-Ray)

TMTM = 5 (2 VHS, 2 DVD (same version), 1 Blu-Ray)

TMCC = 4 (1 VHS, 2 DVD, 1 Blu-Ray)

MTI = 4 (1 VHS, 2 DVD, 1 Blu-Ray)

MFS = 2 (1 DVD, 1 Blu-Ray)

TM = 1 (1 Blu-Ray)

MMW = 1 (1 Blu-Ray)

In total I own 27 Versions of all the Muppet movies put together?

I'm starting to realize I might have a problem but if this is in any way normal I'm sure MC is the place for me.

This gets me thinking... when will Follow That Bird make it's way onto Blu-Ray?

Eyeball

Reaction score
Hmm, my muppet movie collection isn't half as good as yours Mr sweetums :smile: but here goes.

X1 TMM (DVD)
X1 GMC (DVD)
X3 MTM (VHS, DVD and blu ray)
X2 MCC (VHS and DVD)
X1 MTI (DVD)
X1 MFS (DVD)
X1 VMX (DVD)
X1 TM (DVD)
X1 MMW (DVD)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I posted on this topic in a similar thread, so I'll just quote from that thread. To clarify, this is just my collection of theatrical Muppet movies. I also have a lot of other Muppet videos, of course. (TV shows, TV-movies and specials, etc.)

Videos
The Muppet Movie (1993 VHS rerelease)
The Great Muppet Caper (1993 VHS rerelease and 1999 VHS rerelease)
The Muppets Take Manhattan (1999 VHS rerelease)
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992 VHS release)
Muppet Treasure Island (1996 VHS release)
Muppets From Space (1999 VHS release)
Sesame Street: The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland (1999 VHS release)
Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird (2002 VHS rerelease)
The Muppets (2011 DVD release)
Muppets Most Wanted (2014 Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack)
Labyrinth (1999 DVD release)
The Dark Crystal (1999 DVD release)
:smile:

AKaun6899

Reaction score
Going by what I previously owned and what I have now(most of them were replaced by the Blu-ray), it would be:

TMM: 3 (2001 DVD, 2005 DVD, Blu-ray)

GMC: 2 (2005 DVD, MTI/GMC Blu-ray)

MTM: 3 (2001 DVD, 2009 Double Feature DVD with MFS, Blu-ray)

Labyrinth: 1 (Blu-ray)

FTB: 2 (2002 DVD, 2009 DVD)

MCC: 1 (Just the Blu-ray)

MTI: 1 (Just the MTI/GMC Blu-ray)

MFS: 3 (2005 DVD, 2009 Double Feature DVD with TMTM, Blu-ray)

EIG: 1 (2000 DVD, do not own at all now)

KSY: 1 (2002 DVD, do not own at all now)

TM11: 1 (Just the Blu-ray)

MMW: 1 (Just the Blu-ray)

I might get the VMX Blu-ray...

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
My Muppet movie collection sucks. Lol! Here it is, anyways ( I'm only including the theatrical Muppet movies):

• The Muppet Movie DVD
  • The Great Muppet Caper DVD
  • The Muppets Take Manhattan DVD
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Muppet Treasure Island DVD
  • Muppets From Space DVD
  • The Muppets Blu-Ray
  • Muppets Most Wanted DVD and Blu-Ray
  • The Dark Crystal DVD
  • Elmo in Grouchland DVD

Muppet Master

Reaction score
My Muppet movie collection sucks. Lol! Here it is, anyways ( I'm only including the theatrical Muppet movies):

• The Muppet Movie DVD
  • The Great Muppet Caper DVD
  • The Muppets Take Manhattan DVD
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Muppet Treasure Island DVD
  • Muppets From Space DVD
  • The Muppets Blu-Ray
  • Muppets Most Wanted DVD and Blu-Ray
  • The Dark Crystal DVD
  • Elmo in Grouchland DVD
That is not that bad, though you do need TMS, is MCC a DVD or another format?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who kept their Muppet VHS tapes :fanatic:
For me, it's not so much just that I've kept my Muppet VHS tapes. I have a lot of VHS tapes, some of which do not exist in any other media, hence the reason to hold on to them. For others, I simply don't wish to spend the money to buy DVD versions. (I don't have a Blu-Ray player, so the most up-to-date video machine I have is a DVD player.) I know there seems to be this assumption that most everybody in the world has long since thrown out their VCRs after DVDs became the dominant format. (Though new VHS tapes were released at least through 2005 in the USA.)
I actually just recently bought a new VCR/DVD player combo this year. It's a Toshiba model that I really like particularly because it has the option to record VHS tapes to DVD and I've been able to archive some family memories from VHS to DVD already now and that has been nice. :smile:
For me, I long ago decided that I would keep using the existing media forms I like as long as they are still working- when the VHS tapes finally break down, then I may replace them with DVDs, etc. But I just don't like the continual cycle of buying movies and TV shows, etc. in one format and then having to replace them all years later down the road when some other big new format comes out.
So, for that reason- and maybe just for nostalgic reasons and because I like old technology- particularly ones that I grew up with that still work well- I still play some LPs on the record player my family's owned since I was a kid and play my cassette tapes on my Walkman and watch VHS tapes on my VCR. (Of course, I also remember when we first had Beta tapes and then the big switch to VHS.) :smile:

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
For me, it's not so much just that I've kept my Muppet VHS tapes. I have a lot of VHS tapes, some of which do not exist in any other media, hence the reason to hold on to them. For others, I simply don't wish to spend the money to buy DVD versions. (I don't have a Blu-Ray player, so the most up-to-date video machine I have is a DVD player.) I know there seems to be this assumption that most everybody in the world has long since thrown out their VCRs after DVDs became the dominant format. (Though new VHS tapes were released at least through 2005 in the USA.)
I actually just recently bought a new VCR/DVD player combo this year. It's a Toshiba model that I really like particularly because it has the option to record VHS tapes to DVD and I've been able to archive some family memories from VHS to DVD already now and that has been nice. :smile:
For me, I long ago decided that I would keep using the existing media forms I like as long as they are still working- when the VHS tapes finally break down, then I may replace them with DVDs, etc. But I just don't like the continual cycle of buying movies and TV shows, etc. in one format and then having to replace them all years later down the road when some other big new format comes out.
So, for that reason- and maybe just for nostalgic reasons and because I like old technology- particularly ones that I grew up with that still work well- I still play some LPs on the record player my family's owned since I was a kid and play my cassette tapes on my Walkman and watch VHS tapes on my VCR. (Of course, I also remember when we first had Beta tapes and then the big switch to VHS.) :smile:
That's really interesting, I've got loads of home movies on vhs and was considering buying a VCR/DVD player to convert my tapes onto DVD but those machines are so expensive, I would have assumed they would have been much cheaper. I've got The Muppets A Celebration of 30 Years and The Muppets Go To The Movies on VHS and two years ago I bought a VCR player especially to watch them, I should have done my research and invested in a VCR/DVD combo.:smirk: