How much buying power is present here

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
As some comments and assumption have been made concerning how much buying power and potential is present here at Muppet Central, is there anyway to have everyone post a response with their Kermit replica # as the subject and have them all be in order here on the sight? It would one show just how many out of all registered members bought, but also for the fans and collectors to see if their replica has a brother or sister here at MC.

muppetperson

Reaction score
That would be difficult to do because you would get situations where members have bought more than one and then sold them to someone else.So how do you keep track of who they have gone to next?Also they are going to come in out of sequence, so someone is going to have to rearrange it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I have no idea what number my Kermit is, the box and tags etc are all at home...But I do have one, and a Gonzo on the way!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Muppet Central (site and forum) gets a lot of visitors, but it's still only a fraction of fans and only a fraction of that actually post on the board. It is an interesting idea, just not likely workable. :sympathy:

I have come to discover that the number listed on replicas means very little especially considering it's printed seperately on a plaque rather than the actual piece. I know from industry folk that mid-run is usually the highest quality for any numbered product. It takes time to hit a stride and then the quality control loosens up a little. That's generally how it happens, but not always.:attitude:

Of course, the actual number of units sold is usually a carefully guarded secret for profit reasons. It can help sell more slow-moving product and fend off the poachers for more popular pieces. :wisdom:

It's widely known Kermit has sold out from Master Replicas' headquarters, but that doesn't mean it has from other outlets who ordered stock to be sold in their stores. Kermit is still very much around and at a reasonable price. I don't expect that to last much longer. I don't know about Animal, but seeing there are 1,000 fewer units he's probably going to sell-through before too long. I fear Gonzo will linger. I've got mine and I'm 95% happy with him (believe it or not) but many lifelong fans and collectors are not as convinced.

Telly

Reaction score
I'm convinced. I NEED my tax return! :excited:

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Well.. TEAM or TiAM - Together I Achieve More

(NOTE - Keep in mind I have not seen my personal Gonzo yet when reading this) :mad:

I generally buy two of everything. Because I am a Muppet Ho... So, I have 2 Kermits (3 really because I am buying one for my cube as we speak) 2 Animals and I ordered 2 Gonzo's but I think I want to change that to one.

I am having issues still with the nose - I don't care how you spin it. I saw one up close yesterday and I hate it. I chalk it up to rushing into something and allowing "The Man" to interfere. If it really matters the innner conflict should be eating at you knowing you are putting out a product that is NOT what was to be expected. The guilt should be killing you. Nothing anything/anyone could do about his release... But I feel the need to buy him because I am in fear that the line would stop without support from dedicated fans. I feel like a hold up victim.

So I offer for consideration a follow-up Special Edition Historically accurate to some form of TODAY's Gonzo. Palisades had to re release him, I see the same effect here. I mean, The Star Wars stuff is pretty accurate - This one doesn't even look like Terry's prototype at all. Terry used fur that looked like Gonzo's - In comparison it looks like a Sabbaba attempt at Pepe. (that hurt... Sorry.. couldn't think of a better comparison at submission) - For these reasons I am searching still for the accurate Weirdo - Gonna Hire a my own 5 year old from the third world to make him - I let Animal slide...I made my own edits and feel better - but why? Not this time, UPS man... bring it on!

Editor's Note - Master Replicas - I AM WILLING TO SPEND MONEY FOR THE STUFF, Mucho Dinero - PLEASE WORK OUT THE ISSUES. Disnyana people pay lot's of money for those stand ups - These should be that quality.and to bring up a point - you did it for StarWars...Meh! And, I say that here because I get edited in other places. And this is in no way a poke at my Buddies.:rolleyes:

doc hopper

Reaction score
i have an animal and kermit (no gonzo yet) but the boxes and numbers are stored away under a million boxes in my garage - and i just don't have the energy to go digging!

Luke

Reaction score
So I offer for consideration a follow-up Special Edition Historically accurate to some form of TODAY's Gonzo. Palisades had to re release him, I see the same effect here. I mean, The Star Wars stuff is pretty accurate - This one doesn't even look like Terry's prototype at all.
I would be totally up for a modern Gonzo, in fact i prefer modern Gonzo. I would lay down the cash right now for one that looked like Terry's prototype, but i think that Travis said that as much as they could put something out with loads of warnings about not breaking off the snout, someone would and they'd need to be covered as a company. If there was anyway around it though then it'd be brilliant.

There may be some people who'd balk at their collection ending up with Gonzo twins much moreso than with Palisades, but it just doesn't seem right not to have a Gonzo that looks as good as the others.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
When in Rome do what the Romans do... Burn down the joint

... but i think that Travis said that as much as they could put something out with loads of warnings about not breaking off the snout, someone would and they'd need to be covered as a company. ...
Look -What kinds of promises did they make to the Star Wars fans who bought the Millenium Falcon or the Signed Vader Helmets?

If my 3 yr old son got to my collection ( It's in a glass case) SHAME ON ME. That's why I buy two of everything.

If you buy HIGH QWALITY then you need to take precautions. End of story - otherwise buy the current product - Hence the request for a Teddy Bear Hospital and a modular muppet (Removable head):super:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I have to agree again. They shouldn't be catering to the lowest common denominator here. They should be catering to the high end collector.

If I buy a ceramic Disney figurine and I drop it, they're not going to do anything about it. If someone is careless enough to rip off Gonzo's nose, there shouldn't be any recourse.

Should MR replace the guy's Animal whose cats tore him apart? I feel horrible for the guy, but that's not MR's responsibility any more than it would be to fix Gonzo.

I know Travis was basically worried about bad PR and dealing with angry customers... but people are going to do stupid things no matter how you build it. So why not just do it right?

:stick_out_tongue: