1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

How old were you when you started liking Muppets?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by mo, Mar 10, 2012.

?

how old were you when you started liking the muppets?

1. older than 10

16 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. younger than 10

35 vote(s)
    68.6%

1. mo

mo Well-Known Member

the question is what you make of it!!!!

2. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Younger than 10 Mo. I became a Muppet fan when I was..um about 4 or 5 and saw the Muppet Movie for the first time, but I've always loved them since I first saw them.

3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Does age zero count? Lol, I really don't remember a time I didn't know about the Muppets. :)

4. basicallygood

basicallygood Member

Heh...ditto. They've always been there for me.

5. mo

mo Well-Known Member

gee I feel like a loser! I liked sesame street and the muppets ever since I was born but only became obsessed recently...

6. basicallygood

basicallygood Member

That doesn't make you a loser! A fan is a fan--and they're all pretty awesome if you ask me. :D

heralde and mo like this.
  7. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

I remember the Muppet Show being on TV...and when the first Muppet movie came out...

8. ToodlesTeam

ToodlesTeam Active Member

Well, I know I watched Muppet Babies and Muppet Show reruns as a kid, but it was really Muppets Tonight that got me into the Muppets, so I guess since I was about 7 or 8 years old. That being said, the fan in me kind of went dormant after that show ended and wasn't revived until about 2008 or so. Now I'm obsessed. :p

9. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Ah obsession....one word that is used alot around here...ME TOO!!!!!! :)

10. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

See now I've always been into the Muppets in some way or form. Its just something that is part of my life. But to me it was always about watching the Muppets (though I had a good collection of marrionettes) It became an obsession though when I decided to teach a Puppet making workshop about 12 years ago (I used to teach art) the class was not the best ( I can't make puppets to save my life) but it got me into puppetry and performing (which I love doing). Muppets kind of became obsessive at that point. Now I run a puppet team at my school and to be honest the highlight of my life (minus the marriage and kid thing) was when Cnn interviewed for an article on Muppet fans. Just the idea of be recognized for being a puppeteer and a Muppet fan made me quite happy (interestingly my close friends and family were very excited about this but my coworkers gave me the "okay he's the weird puppet guy" look. Oh well they let me run the Puppet team...just wish they would show a little more support than that. Its not every day you get noticed by a national news outlet). Sorry I'm rambling again. And yes I do babble on like this in real life.

newsmanfan, Borples and basicallygood like this.
  11. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

I was 13 when I became a bonafide Muppet fan. Being a typical trendoid teenage girl, I was semi-embarrassed about it, but now, at age 24, I couldn't care less what others think about it.

gonzosgirl1987, Auberoun and heralde like this.
  12. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I was 4 years old when I got into The Muppets. And grew up with The Muppet Babies. :D I watched the movies when they aired them on TV.

13. Borples

Borples Active Member

I remember watching TMS reruns in the early 80s as a small child. I can't remember a world without Kermit & Co, and I don't want to! :) I've always loved them, but I don't think I realized how much I loved them until Jim Henson died. I was in the eighth grade, and it felt like my whole world view had been destroyed. Didn't pay as much attention throughout high school, partly because I was a little reluctant to adjust to the new voices, and partly just b/c I was in high school. Then when I was in college I got my hands on VHS copies of the 1st three movies, and never looked back. I've been hanging on every little thing they do since then. But it was only last year before the new movie came out--I think around the time that the OK Go! vid was released--that I realized that there were Muppet fans on the internet having conversations that I should have been a part of for the past decade! And I discovered Muppet Wiki. And I started learning about the performers. And it basically took over my life. :)

14. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Oh and I used to watch the muppet show when it was on Disney channel. I'm 28 years old now and I think I appericate and love the muppets more then I did when I was a child. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that time.

gonzosgirl1987 and Auberoun like this.
  15. kyunkyua

kyunkyua Active Member

Um...like, 16. Just this year, actually. XD
    Well, no, that's a bit of an exaggeration. I've always LIKED the Muppets...just never to this extent.

16. Auberoun

Auberoun Member

I started w/ Seasame Street, same as many. Throughout my young life, I would watch Fraggle Rock, and TMS. I remember being a senior in HS, and talking to a Freshmen about the Muppets, and her response was, "Huh? The what?" Then I said I felt old..lol. But, I guess if I watched TMS when I was like 6, she would have been about 2...

Now, as an 36 year old adult male, I am proud to be a Muppet fan. Most people know about them, and don't know much about JH. I am happy to share with them less about the Muppets, and more about JH, since he is such a great role model.

DannyRWW likes this.
  17. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

No excuse, lol. ;)

Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  18. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

The Muppet Show was in its final years on air (not production, I'm not THAT old) when I was a kid. So I watched it a LOT. After it went away, I only had Sesame Street.

19. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

Amazing how the Internet could turn a hobby into a parasitic obsession.:) Ah well.

20. gonzosgirl1987

gonzosgirl1987 Active Member

i remember my mom buying me the movie muppets take manhattan when i was 5 or 6 and from that day on i was in love muppets galore muppet movies, muppet babies, muppet plushies, etc. whatever i could get my hands on and almost 20 years later still obsessed as ever :D