How To Create a New Muppet Fan?!!!

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
Well we didn't have time to watch a movie today, but we watched the singalongs (Billy Bunny, Easy Bein Green) and he enjoyed them very much. They are definitely skewed to a younger audience so there was no surprise there.

Then we watched Muppets at WDW which just about kept his attention. He loved the Electric Mayhem song (good lad!), but got restless during Rowlf's.

We watched a little of the Christopher Reeve episode of TMS as well.

It turns out Kermit and Animal (who he calls "Drums") are his favourites.

So all in all it was a success. Next time I think I'll try either MTI or GMC and a few more TMS episodes.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
And lucky for him those two seem to currently be the most-marketed characters when it comes to merchandise.
Yeah. I guess he'll never have the problems this Scooter fan has! :wink:

I think he got the name "Drums" from the new movie, which is interesting!

Misskermie

Reaction score
I think you should have him watch something relatable. Or find something that's based off a tale already, like MTI, MCC, MWoO, and MCT.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think you should have him watch something relatable. Or find something that's based off a tale already, like MTI, MCC, MWoO, and MCT.
My parents bought me the Muppet versions of The Frog Prince, Hey Cinderella and The Musicians of Bremen Town, likely for the same reason. I watched them all the time when I was a kid, lol.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I guess, for children around the age of 5 or so, the best way to introduce them to The Muppets is through Sesame Street, obviously. But if your child is already familiar with Sesame Street, you can show them the "old school" seasons as well. It ought to bring up a fun discussion about the differences of Sesame Street then and now.

With that said, I'd suggest that you don't show them the earlier seasons - the first three, that is. Sure, that's when we had all the more memorable stuff that the majority of us fans have had implanted in the back of our brains like the Number Song Series, Rubber Duckie, C is for Cookie, Mad Painter, Alligator King, classic E/B sketches like Banana in the ear, broken cookie jar, etc. Yet there were a lot of other things that haven't been fleshed out yet, such as pacing, cast consistency, tone, format, appearance of certain characters, and certain major characters who didn't make it into the show yet. All of which would probably confuse kids today (and even those who grew up with the show after that point). So the best option is season 6, because that's when everything came together.

But I think the main reason I say this is...well, I think I'll let this picture explain it for you:

And this is how your kid is probably going to react (just replace the "Baby Arnold" with the above image):

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
With that said, I'd suggest that you don't show them the earlier seasons - the first three, that is. Sure, that's when we had all the more memorable stuff that the majority of us fans have had implanted in the back of our brains like the Number Song Series, Rubber Duckie, C is for Cookie, Mad Painter, Alligator King, classic E/B sketches like Banana in the ear, broken cookie jar, etc. Yet there were a lot of other things that haven't been fleshed out yet, such as pacing, cast consistency, tone, format, appearance of certain characters, and certain major characters who didn't make it into the show yet. All of which would probably confuse kids today
I have to respectfully disagree. We're far too worried nowadays about "confusing" children as though that's some sort of frightening prospect. Children enjoy older TV shows and movies all the time. If something's confusing they ask questions and adults will answer. That's what growing up is all about. :wisdom: