1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

How to make a Muppet Puppet

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Ernie101, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

What materials should i use and what are the steps in making a ammature puppet.I will probally create my own character of it.
  2. SFPepe

SFPepe New Member

Ask Jamie,

He made me a PEPE for my Christmas tree last year. Not really a functioning puppet. But he could prolly lead you in the right direction. Have fun, and I want to see the finished product.
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It was more of a sculpture than a puppet. Just some sculpey, ostrich feathers and a lace gown with angel wings and a glitter pipecleaner halo.
  4. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Hi

On my homepage there are pics of my homemade muppets. There is a little, only a little info on how i made them. Hopefully you may learn a little from it :)

http://www.muppetlabs.notrix.net

/Anders
  5. SFPepe

SFPepe New Member

Thoses muppets are really good!!!
  6. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Ok if i need any help ill post what materials should i use to start building,
  7. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

i havent really made anything new lately, but hopefully i will start again soon :)
  8. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Wanna go into your chat an be my guru on making these for a while
  9. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

actually, i am on my way to go to bed...it's 04:10 in the morning here in sweden, and i have work at 11 tomorrow. But email me, and we can decide when to chat :)

/Anders
  10. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Those are pretty cool Bork Bork, tell me - where did u find the orange fur? That's almost impossible to get a hold of!
  11. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

I got them from a textile shop in my home town. Tell me if i should go and buy some for ya. :)

/Anders
  12. Buck-Beaver

Tell `ya what, if you can get us a yard or metre (whichever they measure in in Sweden) we'll trade you for a puppet - email me privately and I'll send you pics of what we got.

Of course if you are not in to puppets (and if you are not you should be posting on a different board!) we can just get an international money order run for `ya. :p
  13. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Really cool!

Of, course i am in to puppets :D

well, i emailed you just now. A metre is the measurement, but i'll get you a cupple. The fur is really neat. They also have different colors, but i told you all that in the mail.

Trading for a puppet almost seem too much, but if that's what you want to do, then i will not disagree, hehe. I have never tried a professional puppet before. No, i'm lying...sorry i almost forgot, i stuck my hand up a henson puppet once at a muppet exhibition. That was just an anything, or a whatnot puppet for the public to try out, but it was cool.They had two of them with a camera and 2 monitors. Me and a friend of mine was acting out like crazy, making them bite eachother and stuff. That was when i discovered how easy it could be to build a puppet, so i started building one. But that's another story, hehe.

/Anders
  14. Buck-Beaver

I never said it would be a BIG puppet :p
  15. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

hehe, of course. I'm happy with anything puppety :D

Anyway, i'm going to bed now. Goodnight

/Anders