How to Make Puppet Eyes

CBPuppets

Reaction score
This had me wondering for a very long time.:confused: Can anyone tell me how to make a puppet eye? what materials will I need to make one? This may be helpful for me.:smile:

wes

Reaction score
Get creative use anything!!

PuppetMom

Reaction score
You can use buttons, beads, marbles, fishing bobbers, ping pong balls...pretty much anything that is round & even remotely resembles an eye. I think what Wes was saying (hope I'm not overstepping myself here wes) was that there is no basic "use this" item for making puppet eyes...some people like ping pong balls, while others use buttons, etc. I am sure there are items out there that people use for eyes that I haven't even begun to think of yet...just wander through the sporting goods & hardware depts of your local Wal-mart & pretty soon you'll be coming up with all kinds of ideas for eyes!! Good luck!

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Seeing as the shops are starting to fill up with seasonal goodies at the moment have a look for plastic tree decorations, plenty of different shapes and sizes available. Well worth stocking up.

pjpiperhop

Reaction score
I have used plastic spoons with the handle cut off and sanded for the white of the eye. I then added a round dot of felt for the pupil.
Like everyone has said here, use your imagination. Come up with something unique.

wes

Reaction score
Ping Pong Ball is my favorite, I also use the wooden sphere or eggshape ones you can get from a craft store. But if i have a special puppet or any weird type puppet I go looking for it. I have been know to use soup ladels or what ever.