How to make puppets

DOGTOW

Reaction score
Hi There
can anyone give me some info on how to make puppets .are there some posts that give you a step by step guide .What are muppet puppets made from.Info would be cool as i am new to the making puppets.
Thanks

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
next thing you know you're in the muppets forum..."what's the name of that one frog with the scrawny arms and the collar?"...

just kidding dude

anyhoo, i highly suggest you read The Foam Book

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Has every aspect of puppet construction already been covered in this forum? I still love talking about different mechanics and new ideas but I think these new ideas are not so freely given up as more and more of us are making and selling our own line of puppets.

itchekadoozy

Reaction score
Cheeks

I'm making a puppet according to the 3-piece head method from the foam book, and then I'll cover it in fleece. I'm trying to make a cute little girl and therefore, puffy cheeks are needed. Any ideas how to do this without hindering the mouth movement?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
First the mommy puppet and the daddy puppet who love each other very much go away to Bermuda for a week and when they come back, the mommy puppet feels ill every morning for about 9 months. Then they go to the hospital where doctor Bob tells bad jokes until the mommy puppet screams to the daddy puppet: "This is all your fault!" After several hours, mommy and daddy leave the hospital with a new puppet, and that's how you make a puppet.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Make a sort of pork chop shape out of foam and glue it to the jaw line. obviously large side on top for the cheek. Use super 77 on foam and fabric to get fleece to attach them around the mouth. Hope this helps.

itchekadoozy

Reaction score
Porkchop?

Porkchop may not have been the most apporopriate choice of analogy for my project, but I get the point. Wht is 77? always just use hot glue for everything

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
First the mommy puppet and the daddy puppet who love each other very much go away to Bermuda for a week and when they come back, the mommy puppet feels ill every morning for about 9 months. Then they go to the hospital where doctor Bob tells bad jokes until the mommy puppet screams to the daddy puppet: "This is all your fault!" After several hours, mommy and daddy leave the hospital with a new puppet, and that's how you make a puppet.
****!