1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

How to make puppets

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by DOGTOW, Nov 18, 2004.

1. DOGTOW

DOGTOW New Member

Hi There
    can anyone give me some info on how to make puppets .are there some posts that give you a step by step guide .What are muppet puppets made from.Info would be cool as i am new to the making puppets.
    Thanks
  2. Search this forum -- there are PLENTY.
  3. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

next thing you know you're in the muppets forum..."what's the name of that one frog with the scrawny arms and the collar?"...

just kidding dude

anyhoo, i highly suggest you read The Foam Book
  4. Show and Tell

Show and Tell Member

Has every aspect of puppet construction already been covered in this forum? I still love talking about different mechanics and new ideas but I think these new ideas are not so freely given up as more and more of us are making and selling our own line of puppets.
  5. itchekadoozy

itchekadoozy New Member

Cheeks

I'm making a puppet according to the 3-piece head method from the foam book, and then I'll cover it in fleece. I'm trying to make a cute little girl and therefore, puffy cheeks are needed. Any ideas how to do this without hindering the mouth movement?
  6. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

First the mommy puppet and the daddy puppet who love each other very much go away to Bermuda for a week and when they come back, the mommy puppet feels ill every morning for about 9 months. Then they go to the hospital where doctor Bob tells bad jokes until the mommy puppet screams to the daddy puppet: "This is all your fault!" After several hours, mommy and daddy leave the hospital with a new puppet, and that's how you make a puppet.
  7. Show and Tell

Show and Tell Member

Make a sort of pork chop shape out of foam and glue it to the jaw line. obviously large side on top for the cheek. Use super 77 on foam and fabric to get fleece to attach them around the mouth. Hope this helps.
  8. itchekadoozy

itchekadoozy New Member

Porkchop?

Porkchop may not have been the most apporopriate choice of analogy for my project, but I get the point. Wht is 77? always just use hot glue for everything
  9. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

LMAO!
  10. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

What is LMAO?
  11. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

Laughing my a$$ off, lol.
  12. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Ha Ha! I thought you were calling me LAMO, like Lame-o, but spelled it wrong. LOL!
  13. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

Check out this and this. Might help get you started.
  14. SesameKermie

SesameKermie Member