1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

How to start making puppets?

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by charlynoa, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Ok, thanks! I edited the post. Links are there, you can open them, but still can see the image here.

2. Adam Kreutinger

Adam Kreutinger Active Member

I made a puppet building video that might help too. Check it out!

Diego Fiorucci and MikaelaMuppet like this.

3. Thanks Adam!

4. Adam Kreutinger

Adam Kreutinger Active Member

whoops! The link broke. Here is the new one.

MikaelaMuppet and Diego Fiorucci like this.
  5. [​IMG]

I made this illustration. Jim Henson has definitely been a strong influence in my life.
    Stay creative, keep playing like kids. There's no more serious way to live life!

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Is that a painting? Just wondering.

Diego Fiorucci likes this.
  7. Yes, it's a digital painting. I'm a cartoonist and an illustrator.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  8. MikaelaMuppet

I thought it looked real, but turns out that it's a digital one.

What kinds of illustrations and what kind of illustrator are you?

9. Thanks! I make different kinds of works. Mainly caricatures and illustrations for children books.

http://diego-fiorucci.blogspot.com.ar/

10. MikaelaMuppet

You're welcome! What kinds of art do you specifically do?

11. All that in my blog is mine. You can even see older posts. Almost all the blog is in Spanish (because I live in Argentina), and English (because it's the universal language). I've worked in animation, I make caricatures from photos for clients, I illustrate books, I've made covers for magazines. I change techniques and styles when I need to adaptate my work for specific works.
    I have done illustrations for books from other countries. You may have seen these books. The first books were drawn by me (https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/human-body-detectives/).
    But in those years there was an intermediary that absorbed the work, I don't think my name appears there, unfortunately. And sadly, I still don't have any book of those in my hands.
    Now I'm working in an hebraic version of the Genesis.
    Also for 5 years I worked assisting a comic artist for Marvel, Vertigo and other editorials, Leandro Fernández. And I'm a teacher at an art school.

12. MikaelaMuppet

I don't think that I can go on your site because I won't be able to understand Spanish and instead will have to use a translator. I only understand English, sorry.

What do you teach at the art school?

Last edited: May 9, 2017

13. But, it's also in English. If you look at each post, it's in Spanish first and below it it's in English. And the titles are in both languages.
    I teach Portrait and Caricature, Drawing workshop, Character creation for Animation and Concept Art.

14. MikaelaMuppet

So drawing pretty much?

15. Yes, a lot! :)

16. MikaelaMuppet

:D

17. MikaelaMuppet

Suggestion for your site:

Make your profile in English as well along with your list of blogs.

18. Yes, I know. It's just I started with works here in my country, and then I hadn't enough time to translate all.
    I'm in Facebook too. But there's all in Spanish. However I participate in many international groups.
    https://www.facebook.com/diego.fiorucci.758

19. MikaelaMuppet

I apologize.:o

20. No, I thank you! I know that. I will do that when I can, but that's the idea. We (me and other artists) are working on making a studio. There are great artists here and we need to work in better projects.