1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

How's the weather where you are?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by That Announcer, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Yesterday they let us off work at 11:00 because it was snowing. I left at 12:30--had to get something done, and I wanted to time it so I wouldn't be waiting forever for a bus. The bus ride took 45 minutes when it usually takes 15. But it looked like people were driving safe, so no complaints.

We got about two inches of snow, and Atlanta is broken. The buses aren't running and a lot of people didn't make it home at all, but had to sack out at their workplace, in whatever stores would shelter them, or in their cars. I'm so glad to be at home, where I have power and a fridge full of food. Hopefully we'll get unstuck tomorrow or Friday.

2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Yikes, I'm glad you're safe at home. I saw video on the news of people sleeping in a CVS and things like that, I imagine it was scary and annoying for anyone stranded away from home like that.

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Heh. They don't even think about closing schools up here unless it's over 6 inches. Though they did cancel it the night of a forecasted huge storm that only gave us like 4, maybe 5... and that was a week ago. It's actually been too cold (or rather, too dry) to snow over here. I wouldn't mind a little snow, but these below 20 degree temps and below zero dew points are killing my sinuses. Thankfully we warmed up into the balmy lower twenties today.

Have I mentioned how much I hatehatehatehatehate this season yet? January feels like 3 months. it's that long.

4. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

It's cold, and snowed two inches last night. Not too much, but it's still very cold. Luckily, it's my day off from work.:cool:

5. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Monsoon season is finally here again! We should be getting some rain later this evening! :)

6. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Here in my area, we are currently having rain and thunder. :sympathy:

7. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

It's Sunny but windy...I don't even know what to call this.

8. Muppetjente

Muppetjente Well-Known Member

It's rain and windy here :(

9. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

It's sunny here! It's going to be a beautiful night for my town's fireworks tonight.

10. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Nice. I hope you enjoy the fireworks.

There was beautiful, sunny weather in my town today.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  11. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Sadly, the fireworks don't start until 9:30 and I will be in bed when they start.

12. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

Rainy and boiling hot, I hate the heat! Give me snow over this any day of the week.

13. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Hot and it's gonna get hotter

Daniel

14. Harleena

Harleena Well-Known Member

Rainy. So very rainy.

15. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Dang...lucky youuu.:fanatic:

Here in California the weather has pretty much been switching back and forth from weeks that are cool, cloudy and drizzly to (currently) weeks that are hot, sunny, and dry...yes, even in November...:p

16. Eyeball

Elsa must of paid a visit here lol as there's ice everywhere!

17. Harleena

LET IT GO, LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eyeball likes this.
  18. Eyeball

The cold never bothered me anyway...

19. Harleena

*flips hair and slams door*

misspiggy5260 and Eyeball like this.
  20. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

IT'S COLD. IT'S RAINY. IT'S WINDY. AND I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS.