Huckleberry Hound/Yogi Bear DVDs

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Just trying to pass this along to as many people as I can. If you or anyone you know might have info on this, please contact Mark Evanier. Thanks!

From TvShowsOnDvd.com

==========================================================

Last May we passed along word that The Yogi Bear Show was planned for DVD. Now those plans are coming to fruition, but Warner Brothers needs your help! Mark Evanier has posted on his Blog that both it and The Huckleberry Hound Show are in-the-works, and that he's participating in the extras. But he's asking fans to dig into any material they may have collected over the years and see if they can help complete the bridge sequences for this release. Here it is in Mark's own words:

I dunno the release date yet but Warner Home Video is preparing DVD sets of the first seasons of The Huckleberry Hound Show from 1959 and The Yogi Bear Show from 1961. That is to say, one set of Huck, one set of Yogi. These are some of my all-time favorite cartoons, especially due to the superior vocal performances of Daws Butler, but also because the timing and gags are often quite wonderful. So I was delighted that they asked me to appear for an interview that will be part of a documentary for the Yogi set. Also appearing in supplementary material on one or both will be Earl Kress, Nancy Cartwright, Charlie Adler, Corey Burton and Tom Kenny, plus some other folks. That's what I did today: Drove through pouring rain to be videotaped for this project.

I have another public appeal to animation buffs here. As you might just recall, The Huckleberry Hound Show and The Yogi Bear Show once featured little segments (they call them "interstitials") of Huck and Yogi and everyone before, between and after the cartoons. They were discarded later when the cartoons were repackaged a dozen different ways for syndication...but when they were part of these half-hour shows, these short segments were part of the experience.

Warner Home Video would like to include as many of these bridges as possible on their forthcoming DVD sets of those programs. Problem: They can't find all the interstitials. Even as I blog, grown men are combing through warehouses for this footage which hasn't been broadcast in umpteen years. They've found a number of them...and in a few cases, they've located the audio but not the video of one, or the video but not the audio. Anyway, this is a real longshot but does anyone reading this have any old 16mm prints or VHS tapes of whole episodes of The Yogi Bear Show with the interstititials? They've located all or most from ol' Huck's show but some of the Yogi spots are missing in whole or part. Even if you just have a bad quality videotape, the audio may be usable to dub over footage that is lacking a soundtrack. If you have anything of this sort, please drop me a line and I'll forward it on to the appropriate folks...but hurry. There isn't much time before the DVDs have to be finalized. Thanks -- and if you're on an animation discussion board, please copy this paragraph and the one before and post it, or just direct people to this item.

If anyone out there can help, then hit that link above to head to Mark's site, and on the right side you'll see a link that says "Info/E-MAIL me". Click that link, and you'll see how to e-mail Mark Evanier about this, and he can quickly get word to Warner if you have something they still need.

TVShowsOnDVD applauds studios who make this kind of effort to bring complete sets to the fans. It's all too often that a release comes out with something missing, and the fans not only get no explanation behind the omission, but no opportunity to help supply it back to the DVD publisher so that other fans may enjoy it, too. Good job on trying your best, Warner, and thanks especially to Mr. Evanier for working with them on this. We're happy to help spread the word!

Our thanks to the many, MANY fans who e-mailed us about this info and public appeal. Stay tuned and we'll let you know about further developments.

==========================================================

Here is that link to Evanier's blog: http://www.newsfromme.com/archives/2005_03_22.html#009728

Erine81981

Reaction score
DARN! I used to have a lot of those things. I don't anymore. I threw them away. **** **** ****!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!