Humans at Hooper's Store

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that on the more recent episodes of Sesame Street you NEVER see any of the human charachters in Hooper's Store anymore? Back in the 70's and 80's and I think in the 90's too it was common to see the humans in there having lunch or reading the paper. Now it's all Muppets and Kids that go in there. Has anyone seen a Human in there on a recent episode? And why do you think this change was made?

BEAR

Reaction score
I see what you are saying. Sometimes Bob is seen in there with Alan and then they come out to see what is going on. Also, sometimes Gordon or Gina or someone will be at the table outside Hooper's eating lunch or reading.

Rosewood

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
Has anyone noticed that on the more recent episodes of Sesame Street you NEVER see any of the human charachters in Hooper's Store anymore? Back in the 70's and 80's and I think in the 90's too it was common to see the humans in there having lunch or reading the paper. Now it's all Muppets and Kids that go in there. Has anyone seen a Human in there on a recent episode? And why do you think this change was made?
I thought Alan was still ultimately the one in charge of the store. But I see where your comming from. I just got through watching an early show where the entire human cast, (including Mr.Hooper!), was seated around the bar for lunch, getting ready to watch Oscars cooking show where they made "Charles Chicken Soup" (the catch being that, after it was completed, the chef was to "chicken" to try it!). These days, though, the presence of adult cast members seen inside the store has kind of dissipated. I wonder why?

BEAR

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
I thought Alan was still ultimately the one in charge of the store. But I see where your comming from. I just got through watching an early show where the entire human cast, (including Mr.Hooper!), was seated around the bar for lunch, getting ready to watch Oscars cooking show where they made "Charles Chicken Soup" (the catch being that, after it was completed, the chef was to "chicken" to try it!). These days, though, the presence of adult cast members seen inside the store has kind of dissipated. I wonder why?

Yes, Alan does still run the store and is there all the time. I think Boober meant other humans that don't own the store. Savion was there to watch the fruit stand this season and sang about the healthy foods. Does outside Hoopers count?

DTF

Reaction score
This is more of a fanfiction type of answer where one tries to explain it in story context. However, perhaps the menu and theme changed.

I can't always see real well who's int he background, but you say there are still kids in there, with muppets also. So, perhaps the number of older adults in the neighborhood declined (just figuring that it was supposed to be more than just cast members - therehave to be toher families w/all those kids). And, at the same time, the number of younger people with more kids increased.

So, the menu and such just had to change with the times. Instead of serving big meals with larger portions, Hooper's went to smaller portions and more kid-friendly stuff. Perhaps it's more like a Chuck E. Cheese/C.C.'s Pizza now, though with other stuff, too. So, it's more attractive to kids. One could even argue that the kids and muppets in and around Hoopers make it so crowded the adults have to wait too long, too.

I don't know if you wanted that or a more "why did the writers do this," but as for a story idea it is quite plausible, as some restaurants to change menus, decor, etc. to match the people coming.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Savion was there to watch the fruit stand this season and sang about the healthy foods. Does outside Hoopers count?
Woah!!! Wait a minute??? Savion made a comeback this Season??? Wow! He hasn't been seen on that show in 10 years! Im glad he's back. I always wondered what ever happened to him.

BEAR

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
Woah!!! Wait a minute??? Savion made a comeback this Season??? Wow! He hasn't been seen on that show in 10 years! Im glad he's back. I always wondered what ever happened to him.

Oh wow! I am SOOOO SORRY!! I DID mean Miles. I dunno why I was thinking Savion. I meant Miles.