1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Hurricane Sandy Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Hubert, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Mods may do what they like with this, but I thought it might be nice to collect all our thoughts and comments regarding the hurricane in one place rather than making the whole forum the Sandy Central Forum...
  2. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Got out of school because of it, so Yay! ;) On another note, I am sorry for all the people who were affected with the storm. It is a really scary time. :sympathy:
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

It's crazy what's going on. I have many friends in the area that are being affected by this. I hope there isn't much damage.
    Many of my friends and relatives were told to evacuate
  4. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Everyone, please keep Peter Linz in your thoughts. According to his Facebook page, the weather is not nice at all where he is. :(
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So is Sandy the new Katrina?
  6. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

I wish all the people in this terrible storm the best as it sounds a very horrible one indeed
  7. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

So far. I haven't had my power out all day. Though it's been nothing but News on the TV all day. Not letting me even watch DWTS. Decided to change to Family Guy on TBS. So tired of Sandy. But it could be worst with the power off.​
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

As of now I haven't been getting hit nearly as bad as they called for. I don't know everything that happened overnight, but it seems that we just had some wind and some rain with not much damage, and I somehow didn't get a power outage.
  9. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

That's been the same with me and still.
  10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

It's weird that everything is just barely missing me. Above me, beside me, its like it slammed into all sides of me, yet just mildly passed over me.
  11. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Active Member

We've gotten some wind and rain, and our power flickered a bit last night, but we're okay at my house. And I missed two days of school, and my work was closed last night!:D
  12. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I've already posted how we did in a few threads but I'll post here too incase anyone cares. We did get hit but nowhere near what places like NJ got. My heart breaks for the ones who literally lost everything. Our power didn't go out. How it didn't I don't know. Because it should have. Particuarly around 8:00 it got really bad here wind wise.

Once again I wanna thank the ones who were there for me when I was freaking out knowing my husband was gonna have to be working in it. I can't name all of you but I am grateful to you. It's nice to know that I have some people on here I can call true friends. And he did make it back to and from safely.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  13. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

I got hit by Sandy.
    I must say, I was expecting much worse, but I managed to keep my cool.
    It was still very bad.
    A tree landed right in FRONT of my house.
    Gave me a heart attack...

I was cold.

Really cold.

And wet too.

But, derp.
  14. Pinkflower7783

So glad to hear your okay miss kermie. I can't imagine...
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you didn't suffer from too bad damage, but that tree landing in front of your house still sounds like an awful lot. Hope that you and your family will continue to recover from it all...
  16. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

We're still trying to move that tree...
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I hope you can, successfully. I just can't imagine going through that...
  18. Pinkflower7783

I was watching it today and I had to turn the TV off it was just too much to bear...
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

:o

(I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...I really tried, honest...)
    miss kermie likes this.
  20. Pinkflower7783

Did you really have to do that? :p
    miss kermie likes this.