1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Hurricane Sandy Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Hubert, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I know it completely coincided with the mood of this thread...but I seriously tried to resist...can't you give me credit for good effort at trying to resist?
  2. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

:hungry:: Dat two points

The chef has given you credit.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Well at least it lifted the mood of the thread. :) Since it's kind of a downer given the circumstances that happened.
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I especially like extra credit.
  5. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

:o: Ok! How 'bout a joke for extra credit?
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

If they had done that in school, I'd have had the best GPA that existed...
    Pinkflower7783 and Greengables95 like this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

We've had 10 deaths I think where I live. And most of them were from either traffic accidents or trees that had fallen into homes. Infact one of them here was an 8 year old boy. A tree fell on him in house where he was sleeping if I'm correct. :(
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Sad. I'll be keeping those families in my thoughts over the next few weeks, along with all other victims and their families. :cry:
  9. Pinkflower7783

I know it's very sad...I don't know if any of you watched when the president addressed the press before the hurricane hit. But some dumb a*** reporter asked him "so how is the storm gonna effect the elections?" I'm like WTH??! I think that was the least of everyone's worries at that point!!! Dumb media! I liked how Obama pretty much shut him up by saying that the election would take care of itself and his only main focus was on the people who were gonna be affected by the storm.
  10. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're okay Miss Kermie.
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Okay, you know what? I AM sorry, BUT, people really are making Mount Everest out of a genetically enlarge molehill in regards to Sandy.

I mean, first of all, everybody's complain about the coverage of Sandy's destruction, saying that it's too negative and too pessimistic: even Deborah Norville on Inside Edition said today they just report it like it is, and she even got emotional today over how everybody is complaining about the coverage of Sandy.

In addition to that, do the people who weren't even affected by Sandy have a right to complain about how negative the impact of her was on those she DID affect? I don't recall anyone complaining about the people who got killed at the Batman Movie Massacre. I never heard anyone complain about the news of entire cities and towns being wiped off the map by those monsterous spring tornadoes that ripped through the south last year.

And what's up with trying to take insignificant things that were results of Sandy, and make them seem like the end of the world? Like for instance, an article I read today, that was basically, "OMG! Science labs flooded and all the lab rats escaped! Years and years of research RUINED!!!" I'm sure even beatnikchick would role her eyes at that.

Bottom line... why has this natural disaster caused so many people, who weren't even affected by it, to whine and complain about those who were affected by it?
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Though I feel like you have some good intentions here, I'm having a hard time grasping your point. When you say "complain," are you referring to people talking about Sandy, fretting about Sandy, saying "stupid storm!" about Sandy?
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  13. Pinkflower7783

I'm gonna go with Hubert on this one. That and I feel it comes off as a little heartless. However I'm sure your not meaning it the way it sounds. At least I hope so.
  14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

How would you like it if a storm came through where you lived at destroyed things you had been working on for years and years? You'd be mad, especially if you were working with complex things that took a lot of effort to make. Regardless of your feelings on science, that's important stuff gone.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  15. D'Snowth

No, I'm talking about people who are complaining that Sandy is all people are talking about, that Sandy is all the news is covering, that they're sick of hearing about Sandy, etc, etc. Like they're, "Yeah, yeah, Sandy caused devastation, we get it, can we have some good news for a change?"

And Charlie, I'm actually talking about about the rats and other test subjects escaping, which, I wouldn't really see as a tragedy quite honestly, but whatevs.
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Go with Hubert? All I did was ask him to elaborate more...I'm not even offering any opinions on his post as of now...

Ah, I think I see a little better now what you are saying. You are complaining about people complaining about over coverage, if I'm correct?
  17. Pinkflower7783

Between sandy and the elections it could be a tie.
  18. Pinkflower7783

I meant I was with you on not getting his point. The other stuff I wrote was just my own personal opinion. Didn't mean the rest was connected to you.
  19. D'Snowth

Sort of. Even more specifically, everybody is like is complaining about the coverage being "too negative"... People, a major hurricane just tore through New York City, and other surrounding areas, and you expect the coverage to be positive?
  20. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Oh, see when you said "I'm gonna go with Hubert on this one," it made it sound like you were agreeing with my side rather than D'Snowth's (despite the fact that I didn't have a side). :p

Yeah, I see what you're saying now...I always find that people are such hypocrites when it comes to this kind of stuff; they complain that hurricane coverage is too negative, but then when the news doesn't mention the theft on Huckleberry Street, its the end of the world for them...